☆17☆

After 5 minutes we arrived at the entrance of the palace. My breathing was heavy but there was no time to relax now. I turned around to Minho "W-where are they having dinner?" I breathlessly asked while a guard let us through the gate. The prince's expression showed fear and suddenly he fell on his knees. "It is all my fault! Just because I am jealous... They're gonna die... because I wasn't strong enough to stand up against my mother." he whispered and I stopped moving. The prince made me feel sorry for him but there was no time for pity now so I grabbed his arm and pulled him up again. "Minho! Being jealous is completely normal and you can still save them. But if you continue crying on the floor like a weakling your brother is gonna die... now tell me. Where are they?!" I said while looking him deep in the eye. Although he still seemed a bit upset his voice was confindent again. "I'm not sure, either they are in the southern dining room or in the western. I never eat with them so how would I know? We should split up. You go to the west and I to the south."
"Alright, no time to waste." was the last sentence I spoke before running through the hallways and rooms in the palace. Gladly I knew where to go but in the darkness it was difficult to run without tripping.

I was almost there, only one time around the corner and I'd be there.
Suddenly a door next to me opened and without warning I bumbed into the person that was leaving the room.
"I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized and tried to keep running but the person held on to my arm.
I turned around. "Jisung?" the 2nd prince Chan said while looking at me with teary eyes. "Why are you back here? I thought you left me. I'm so glad that you're back."
The blond haired prince tried to hug me but I carefully pushed him away and freed me from his hand. "I'm glad to see you again Prince Chan but I need to hurry!" I was about to start running again but he grabbed my shirt and asked. "Why?! What happend?"
"Let me go! Or Wonpil is gonna die!"
I shouted and he did what I told him to. Without knowing what he thought right now I ran around the corner.
Chan was right behind me. "What do you mean?!" he asked but I ignored him. Currently there were servants carrying tablets with tea and food inside the dining room and I stopped running to slowly follow them. The prince seemed to have lost sight of me.

I knew that one of the servants had to be an assassin but I couldn't see any man carrying a weapon or looking suspicious in any way so I pretend to be one of the servants until I knew who was the traitor.

The dining room was large, a long table was standing right in the middle and everywhere on the wall there were candles. At the head of the table the king and queen were sitting. On the left side, there sat about 6 girls, probably the princesses and on the right there was Wonpil, then 2 empty chairs, then Hyunjin and finally Seungmin. Behind the princes Changbin and Felix were standing, both weaponed. They were the princes personal protectors after all.

All of them were chatting while the servants stood next to the table. Suddenly the door opened again but this time it was prince Chan who entered. "Where have you been, son? You're late." The queen asked and the 2nd prince smiled at her. "I recieved a letter saying we'd have dinner somewhere else but when I arrived, nobody was there. It probably was a bad joke" he answered and sat down on his chair. He leaned over to Changbin and Felix and whispered something but I couldn't hear it. Then both of the boys widened their eyes in surprise and I saw Changbins mouth forming the word Jisung with a confused look on his face. They were interrupted by the 1st prince standing up. Wonpil cleared his troat and gave everyone a smile. "I'm happy that all of you are here this evening to have dinner together. As you know I'm soon gonna be king and I wanted to say thank you to all of you for everything you've done for me until now and in the future." he said and everyone was applauding.
"Prince Wonpil, let me give you this tea as a sign of how much we all respect and love you" one of the maids that walked in said. She took a few steps forward and started walking to Wonpil who nodded and smiled at her. Shit!
He was too nice for his own sake...
I only checked the male servants because I didn't expect female assassins in this time!
On the top of the womans back there was a part of a hilt sticking out. It looked like it'd be part of the dress but believe me it definitely wasn't.
Shit. SHIT! I made my way through the small crowd and ran in direction of Wonpil. The girl had already brought her hand to her back and in less than a second pulled out her sword. The tea fell to the ground and the cup shatterd. In the same moment she took a swing aiming for the crownprinces heart.

But I was faster. I threw myself in front of him and felt the cold metal slit open my chest.
Strong pain started made its way through my body and in the corner of my eye I could see the girl trying to run away.
"JISUNG!?" I heard Wonpils voice. Then I heard a female scream and Felix shouting. "I got her!"
When I opened my eyes there were 2 blurry faces above me. Was it Chan and Wonpil? I didn't know.
"Out of the way!" Someone yelled and suddenly there was a third face. It was Minho. He cupped my face in his hands while the others were pressing something on my wound but I know it wouldn't help. The sword cut was too deep my and pierced my lungs.
"You Idiot?! Why did you sacrifice yourself!?" The blue haired male screamed and I started coughing.
"I *choug* I am s-*cough* sorry."
With the last bit of strength I had left, I brought my hand up to his face. Wet tears were flowing down his cheeks.
"You said you wouldn't leave me... you promised!" His voice broke and suddenly I didn't get enough oxygen anymore. My hand fell down and I knew there was only one thing to do.

I closed my eyes and imagined my other body that was laying in the bushes behind the palace. A green light appeared infront of my eyes and I felt like I'd be pulled out of my body.
Far away I heard Minhos screams. "NO JISUNG!!! NO!! YOU CANT DIE! DONT DO THIS TO ME!!"
But when I opened my eyes again there was only the dark night sky and a few branches. The pain was gone.
_______________________________________

Hihihi now everyone in the story thinks he's dead but he's actually alive hihihihi...