☆3☆

"The 29th of August... 1019"

2 days had passed since I lived unser the custody of second prince Chan and slowly I was getting how it worked here. Actually the life here was exactly how it was described in many of my history books so I came to the conclusoon that I traveled back in time about 1000 years.
If this was real or not was not yet solved but apparently I took the place of a Jisung that had already existed here. But if he looked exactly the same as me... then this could not possibly be the real past...

The room I had woken up in was the only place where I could have my privacy in this large palace yard.
The center was where the king was residing and the 5 sections around it each belonged to a prince.
The queen, the princesses and the court ladies had their residence in the most beautiful and biggest part of the palace where small ponds and cherry blossom trees decorated the royal garden. And on the opposite side there was the library and other chambers that were unknown to me where many servants worked as secretaries, tutors and any other imaginable job that the royal court needed done.
For now I wasn't allowed to leave Prince Chan's part of the palace, though. I was supposed to stay unnoticed and not cause trouble... apparently I was usually reading books or drawing but neither could I read these ancient letters nor was I talented in drawing so I ended up helping Changbin running errands, cleaning armor and weapons and deliver messages.
In these two days I had learned quiet a lot about him and for now he had become my first and best friend here. Today he showed me around the small town close to the palace and taught me a lot about surviving in this world that was totally new to me. I still couldn't believe the fact that I was basicallly another person now but this life felt like a second chance after I failed in my past life. Usually most people would want to go back to the future...shoppingmals, modern clothing, the food I loved, music, social media, skyscrapers,... I missed all of that but the fact that I might never get back didn't scare me.
Why would I want to go back there...? Maybe this life here offered more.
Until I would find out about what exactly happened to me I planned on keeping quiet about my true origin and pretend like I really lost my memories and went a little insane.
At least Changbin didn't suspect anything yet and luckily Prince Chan didn't show up very often... his sharpness was a risk.

But if he ever decided to bless us with his royal presence he always sat down to handle paper work without even paying attention to me, nobody really did except for Changbin.

The chilly wind of the evening was moving the people into their chambers so I enjoyed the silence when I changed clothing in my room. The uncomfortable bed had become bearable by now and actually this room had more to offer than my apartment in Seoul, of course there was no bathroom but there was a public one that worked with a simple technology to keep it hygienic most of the time. My basic needs were secured here at least.

I was about to lie down when the door suddenly burst open revealing both Changbin and Prince Chan being totally out of breath.

"Jisung we have a problem! One of the guards saw you when you entered the princesses' bathing area and there are drawings of your face all over the palace and in town... they're not that accurate but we can't afford that someone else sees you!" Changbin explained in a hurry and closed the door behind them. As if these thin walls would stop the noise...

I had completely forgot about that incident because of everything that turned my life upside down.

"And what are we going to do now?" I wondered and already feared the worst when seeing the grin in Chan's face.

"Nobody noticed you yet because you usually do go out much so we still have a chance." he explained and pulled out a simple darkblue clolored dress from behind his back.

"For now you're Jisa, my fiancé."

"Uhm..." I was lost for words.
Even though I had once tried cross dressing before and I also knew that I had the physic to pass as a girl, I still didn't like that idea at all... how did people from this time even come up with such a stupid idea.