P R O L O U G E

It all started that day... The most horrifying day of our life...

"Hyun Ae ah! Hyun Ae wake up!" I woke up groggily not wanting to get out of my blankets as I rubbed my eyes to get a look at the person who woke me up.

"What happened mom?" I asked whining a bit as I stirred on my bed to see the time. "It's 2:30 in the morning... What was the purpose of waking me up so early?" I asked making a face.

Her face was contorted in a confusing look I couldn't quite make out. Her eyebrows were knitted together and she was looking at me quite apologetically. "Yeonjun..." her voice broke.

I frown and sit up totally confused on what was going on. And then I realized... My mom was crying. "What happened to Yeonjun!?" I ask as a very bad feeling creeps up my body.

I hold my mother's shoulders and shake her a bit. "What happened to Yeonjun ma!?!?!?" I was freaking out. Why was she crying? Why wasn't she giving me any answer? I hope Yeonjun is alright-

"Yeonjun's no more..." she barely whispered but I could clearly hear it.

Yeonjun is no more...

A sudden pang of sadness and fear strikes through me as I shake my head. "What the heck do you mean!?"

"A fire broke out in his house and he..." she couldn't bring herself to say it. Instead she said something else, and that horrified me even more. "Beomgyu tried to save him but... He's critically injured."

No...

My eyes widen and I frantically shake my head vigorously. "What are you saying this can't be true!" I remark and hurry out of my bed in whatever night suit I was wearing.

I left in the next neighborhood of Yeonjun and Beomgyu. Kai lived across me. Taehyun lived with Kai. I hurriedly slip my feet in my slippers and run out to see, Kai's home was already dark. He isn't here is he?

I run as fast as I can and I was just a few blocks away from Yeonjun and Beomgyu's neighborhood but I could clearly hear it. The ambulance sirens and the police cars. As I paced nearer, I saw it.

Yeonjun's whole house was on fire. The fire was roaring in the sky, as if the orange yellow flames were trying to touch the stars. I could feel the hotness emitting from it just from this distance.

There. I noticed Kai and Taehyun standing outside the 'NO ENTRY' yellow tapes and looking with a shocked expression at the stretcher being carried into the ambulance.

I rush over to it and was just in front when a nurse blocked my way. "Girl you can't-" I cut her off.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY I NEED TO SEE YEONJUN!" I shriek out loudly as I cry and push her out of my way as she stumbles to the side, but my whole body freezes when I see Yeonjun's lifeless body lying on the stretcher with belts holding it from falling. His eyes were shut and his lips were slightly parted as if he was sleeping. But his face had the black smoke prints and burn marks around his neck and forehead.

I couldn't hold myself. I grabbed his collar and shook him. "Yeonjun ah! Yeonjun open your eyes!" I shout at him. I knew he wasn't going to answer... But I didn't want to believe it.