H Y U N A E

The entire ride back home was gloomy and tense. As if an invisible fog of fear and despair had clutched them in its claws and chewing them raw. The uncomfortable silence acted like a fuel to that fear as all the boys had only one thing in mind. "Where is Hyun Ae?"

Did she get kidnapped? Was she alright? They should've never brought her there in the first place. They were supposed to protect her. They were four, yet, none of them could protect her and keep an eye on her. Beomgyu was drowned in his own thoughts on the other hand. Another major question was playing in his mind. He told them that she might have gone home, but he himself wasn't sure about it. That was a pretty absurd idea too after all. Why would she just go home without informing any of them? She can't be that mad at them.

"Fuck this shit!" an exasperated, overly worried and drained of energy Yeonjun exclaimed almost crushing his own mobile phone. He had tried calling Hyun Ae for the hundredth time but it said the same thing, the number you are calling is switched off or unavailable. Please try again some time later or leave a voice message after the beep.

"HYUN AE GODDAMIT PICK UP THE PHONE!" Taehyun screamed in his own mobile as finally tears escaped his eyes. No one could reach out to her. They didn't know where she was and if she was okay or not, and everything just made them feel like dying. Its all their fault.

"Beomgyu you said she must have gone home! Then why isn't she picking up! She's in her phone 24/7!" Yeonjun cried at the black haired boy sitting next to him as his tool his head in his hands, clasping his roots tight wanting to tear them off on his own.

"M-Maybe she forgot to c-charge her phone...." Beomgyu trailed off, stumbling on his own sentence as tears threatened to escape his own eyes. He was the reason why all of this happened. He thought. If he wouldn't have suggested bringing her in the first place, none of this would have taken place. He mentally scolded himself and beat him up for suggesting such an idea in the first place. Why did his mind think of it? What happened to him? When did he become so greedy?

Kai was sitting beside the driver silently crying and looking out the window with his desperate red and teary eyes as if he would just spot her like a miracle. He was such a useless best friend who couldn't protect her. He was such a wuss for taking all of this as fun and games.

"Boys...." The awkward cab driver broke the silence, catching their attention. "What's wrong?" He asked. He had the urge to ask if they were alright but he suppressed it down because they were totally miserable of course.

"Nothing uncle..." Taehyun blurted out softly looking down at his shoes as he sniffled a bit. He bit his lip and traced his finger over a picture Hyun Ae had last sent him. It was a picture of them all in the school rooftop where they had decided to stay back amd hunt for ghosts one day.

They were so focussed on watching videos on how to locate ghosts that they hadn't even realised when she snapped the picture and sent it to them for teasing them

They were so focussed on watching videos on how to locate ghosts that they hadn't even realised when she snapped the picture and sent it to them for teasing them. It was her and Kai's collective idea to go ghost hunting as she said, "Schools are such torturous, and dark places. Ghosts are bound to be there as much as torture chambers and mental psych wards."

Taehyun had keenly supported the idea because it was so intriguing and he was always interested in magic and supernatural stuff. He felt them to be so mysterious and something great and wonderful yet thrilling to discover. He didn't even realise as he smiled a little remembering of those happy memories.

The cab driver didn't ask any more questions. Must have thought it would be better not to meddle into other people's business. As long as he got the money. Yeonjun couldn't help but think back to the driver who brought him and Hyun Ae to the Casino. He was wise and caring and they- no, he should've listened to him instead of dismissing his words so carelessly.

Kai and Taehyun went to their house but not before checking if her room's light was switched on. She always used to keep at least one light on even while sleeping because she said darkness creeped her out. They prayed to see at least one faint streak of light but none. Everything black and still. So Yeonjun and Beomgyu dragged their feet back to their homes as well.

"It's your fault." Yeonjun mumbled as a stray tear left his eye and he closed his door. His heart clenched within his chest as he balled his fists. He hated this feeling. The fear of uncertainty.

"What?" Beomgyu turned around to look at the taller boy. He couldn't quite hear what he said, or maybe he couldn't quite believe what he said.

"I SAID ITS YOUR FAULT!" Yeonjun suddenly roared turning around and pushing him back with full force so he stumbled and fell on his back on the hard and cold floorboards.

"YEONJUN!" now it was Beomgyu's turn to yell. "WE ALL DID THIS TOGETHER! WE ARE ALL TO BE BLAMED!" he reasoned even though deep down his concious was gnawing on to him screaming at him that it was his fault. No one but him suggested her involvement.

"SHUT UP! I SAID NO! BUT YOU NEVER LISTENED AND CONVINCED THEM TOO!" Yeonjun fired back letting his tears flow freely as he cried out loud. Please Hyun Ae.... Please be alright...

"NO!" was all Beomgyu could come p with as he got up to his feet and both started fighting with each other. Both pushed each other and landed punches on the other so they weren't left standing but it was getting to nowhere.

"I KNOW! I KNOW I GAMBLED IN THE FIRST PLACE... but I never wanted her involved..." Yeonjun said in his muffled cries as he harshly wiped away his tears making his cheeks burn red from the roughness of his palms.

They both felt reckless. If she wasn't going to school tomorrow then it would be the end. There would be nothing left. It was all of their fault and it was the truth. No one was innocent and maybe because of their fault.... Hyun Ae had to pay the price for it.

to be continued

A/N : This book literally has gotten 8k+ reads and it makes me so happy. Thank you so much guys!
*ugly crying*

Also, do you guys want me to make a special chapter of their Ghost Expedition? Let me know! Its gonna be fun hehe 🤗🤗