H U E N I N G K A I

Kai said sorry...

I wasn't over what happened yesterday. I had no idea if I really and actually met Yeonjun or was it just a hallucination... Was I going crazy like Taehyun?

It's just his words that are affecting me. It felt so weird the other night. It felt so real yet so unreal. As if I myself had gone away to a magic land which turned from beautiful to terrifying within moments. Only if I could be with Yeonjun forever...

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I had walked into a place I couldn't quite recognize. There was mist and fog, thick clouds all around me as I turned around 360° to have a look. It was just me all alone in that beautiful grassland.

I clutch onto the straps of my orange school bag as I feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest as I decide to walk forward into the thick mist.

I squint my eyes as a white bench comes in my view and a boy sitting on it with his back facing me.

"Um excuse me? Do you know what this place is?" I ask as I head over to him. Partially relaxed to find another human being and partially confused that how am I in this place when I was heading to school.

The boy turned around and I felt my heart stop beating for a moment. My eyes widen as I gasp putting up a hand over my mouth. "K-Kai...?"

He smiles at me and shifts to the side patting the place next to him indicating me to have a seat. But I couldn't move. My knees felt rather weak and I felt that if I tried to make any movement now then I might just fall off to the ground.

"Hey Hyun Ae... It's been long..." Kai said softly smiling more to himself as he stared into space. Then he again looked at me. "Why do you look like you just saw a ghost?" he chuckled.

"Come sit down." he said patting the place next to him. When I didn't budge from my spot, he sighed and got up as he guided me to the seat. "What's wrong? Did you lose your tongue or something?" he said humorously.

"Kai you're real?" was all what I could manage to speak out.

He held out his index finger in front of my face and then ran both his hands over his chest. Then he again looked back at me and answered with a smile. "I think I am."

Oh how much I missed this funny and goofy Huening Kai that I couldn't help but smile at myself.

"Hyun Ae I..." he started as he kept a hand over my hand and rubbed his thumb soothingly over it. "I wanted to say I am sorry." he spoke softly looking at the ground.

I blinked a couple of times and looked at him. "Sorry?" I couldn't understand what was he talking about.

"Sorry for leaving like that." he said with guilt stricken sad eyes looking directly at me.

Oh...

"That's all you can say anyway..." I say sarcastically looking away as I think back to that time.

He killed himself.

"I just couldn't bear it Hyun Ae... I'm sorry. I just couldn't." Kai admitted with a guilty voice and I turned to him with a red face, fumed in anger.

"SORRY!? YOU MEAN TO SAY THAT YOU WERE THAT WEAK THAT YOU THOUGHT THAT KILLING YOURSELF WAS THE BEST THING TO DO SO YOU STRUTTED DOWN AND HAD A DIP IN THR POOL!?" I yell at him. Perhaps, even he didn't expect such a lash out from me. But he deserves to hear it.
"Do you freaking know what went through, Taehyun and me!?" I whisper yelled, the tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"How could you be so selfish you j-jerk..." and my voice finally broke. I sucked in a sharp breath and a tear finally trickled down shamelessly down my cheek.

"And I thought I was your best friend... Which person leaves his own best friend to suffer alone!?" I throw my questions at him like arrows.

"You just left us to suffer... Do you know I had to stay strong to put Taehyun together but it's still so hard... Who am I supposed to share my feelings with? On whose shoulder am I supposed to cry??" I look at him accusingly, choking on my own tears as I hiccup.

All the while Kai was looking at me with a rather surprised look plastered over his face. His mouth agape like a fish and his eyes widened as his hands placed themselves uncomfortably on his lap.

"Hyun Ae I–" I cut him off by putting up my hand.

"Save it." I paused. "You're a hallucination as well I guess... Just like Yeonjun... Maybe I'm finally going crazy now." I say bitterly. "Only thing left for me is to meet that Soobin guy huh..."

"Hyun Ae that's not true. You're not crazy." said Kai as he pulled me into his embrace and I stiffly stayed in his arms. I felt him rub small circles on my back, something he always did to calm me down when I used to be upset or scared. "I really am sorry Hyun Ae... But I... No, We really miss you and Taehyun." he whispers softly into my ears as I close my eyes.

"Then why did you leave Kai?" I ask quietly after gaining back a bit of my composure this time. "Why did you leave when you clearly had a choice unlike.... Them."

"I was scared, upset, weak... I felt like my world had crumbled apart and no one can fix it back to normal again." he said, the hurt clearly evident in his voice.

"But even me and Taehyun were there. We were together into this weren't we?" I asked gulping down a lump in my throat as I found myself relaxing in his arms.

"Yes..." was all that he managed to say.

I frowned and moved away to shoot him with all the many questions I had for him. But I realized he was fading away into small dust particles in front of my eyes. "Kai.... Kai don't go!" I say hurriedly grabbing his hand tightly in my grasp as if it'll stop him from going away.

"Don't leave Kai!" I exclaimed as he looked at me with a sad smile.

"No! I couldn't stop Yeonjun! Now you don't go away! Please no!" I begged as the fresh tears came streaming down my face.

"Shhh" he shushed me as he put a hand on my cheek and rubbed my tears. "It's fine. Take care of yourself okay?" he said in a hushed manner.

"No Kai–"

But I couldn't even complete my sentence when he completely faded away into thin air.

I stayed put for what felt like hours and it was then when I felt the throbbing pain in my head. I put both my hands on my temples in an attempt to give myself a massage but it all went to vain as I let out a cry of pain which was soaring through my head right now.

Suddenly the world started to look up side down and everything kind of started dissolving within its own self as the colours seemed to merge in and out of them. Voices got mixed in my head and rang in my ears. Mostly they were the words which Kai spoke to me. I'm sorry...

And all I knew before passing out in that unknown land was Kai's soothing voice which always took off so much load off me. Yet, this time, the words weren't as soothing.

"I wish you could really visit..."

to be continued

A/N : Ah... It felt like I haven't updated for ages... Sorry for that.... But hehe better late then never right? Hope you liked the chapter.

Please vote and comment! ^^