R E W I N D [Pt. 1]

"Want some?"

"When this night is nearly ending
Rewind the clock, rewind now
The forbidden games and this magic hour
Blue-flamed fireworks flare-up"

~ TXT, Run Away

◌⑅●⋆⋆●⑅◌

"No thanks." I breathed out and looked away, my eyes falling on the different kind of train station I was in. I had many questions I wanted to ask Soobin, first and foremost, how did we get here and what happened to me? Did I black out? But I knew by now that Soobin won't give me a single answer, so I kept quite. There was no point wasting my energy arguing with him.

The platform was so clean that the light grey coloured floor was shining. There was no dirt, and the trains were moving super fast. They were of different colours but hardly were any stopping by our platform. I wanted to see the time, so I looked up but what caught my eye wasn't the time, but the platform number.

9¾.

"Soobin?" I turned to him and shook his arm as he stopping eating his chips and looked at me. "Hmmm?"

"Isn't 9¾ platform, the one from Harry Potter? The train which goes to Hogwarts?" I asked inquisitively as my eyebrows knitted together. I was really curious and fascinated by it. "...Does Hogwarts really exist?"

Soobin looked at me for a long moment and bursted out laughing. "Hyun Ae, it's a story written by JK Rowling who is a mortal and never been to Magic Island. It's a pure work of fiction I assure you. The platform number is like a famous number for magic world, so I wouldn't be surprised if she came across it in one of the novels written by Magic Island inhabitants who stay in your world disguised as humans." he said. "But I can assure you that there is a magic school like Hogwarts in the city area of Magic Island where wizards and witches stay. You just visited the area for souls." he explained with a quirky smile and I couldn't help but chuckle and get amused all the same time. I raised my brows and could only say, "Woah!" in awe.

Suddenly a deep inky blue with white stars drawn on it sped up and stopped right in front of where we were sitting and it's front doors slid open immediately. There was no one inside. I looked over at Soobin curiously and bit my lip as he nudged his head over to it. "Hop on. It'll take you home." he said leaning back on his seat.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked a bit nervously.

"No. Don't tell me I need to be around you like a guardian. You know the rules Hyun Ae. Don't open your eyes no matter what. Simple." he said and stood up with me.

I pursed my lips and nodded my head heaving a sigh as I walked towards it. I felt scared to go alone but I couldn't annoy him by making him my literal guardian or rather driver to drop me and pick me up.

"Hyun Ae?" Soobin called after me. I turned around and hummed in response. "I know you have many unanswered questions. I want to help... But my hands are tied. You yourself need to find the answers to your questions. I can tell you only one thing though... Don't beat around the bush, if you want your friends back, start looking from where it may have begun." he said shoving his hands lazily inside his pockets.

I furrowed my eyebrows and said, "Wait, how would I know? What if I don't know Soobin?" I asked, my heart suddenly picking up pace in anticipation.