C H O I S O O B I N

"Why are you guys acting so emotional?" Beomgyu snorted when we parted from the hug.

"Is it because the rain ruined our uniforms? Aww..." Hyuka commented from beside them swaying his hips like a fish.

"You idiots!" I exclaimed, looking away to rub my eyes and flushed cheeks.

The three of them chuckled at that and shook their heads. "Now we know that we did a horrible mistake but it's over now! We've learnt our lesson, promise!" Yeonjun remarked holding my arms and turning me to face them again.

"Plus even Taehyun was involved and you don't seem mad at him!" Kai complained elbowing Taehyun who looked at him with a done look.

"Yeah, I was foolish. But I have repented enough for my mistakes." Taehyun said with a little knowing smile and even though no one else could get what he meant, I did.

"Anyway, come on let's go to class. Mrs Kim making us stand outside in this chilly wet weather just for coming late in class is the last thing, I want." Beomgyu shuddered and swung his backpack to stomp away towards our classroom.

"Hey wait for me!!! She'll call my parents if I am late again!" Kai rushed after Beomgyu like a little puppy scurrying after his owner.

Everything was back to how it used to be. My goofy friends were back and I promised myself to never lose them again. Yet... Everything was not actually back to same, maybe because I knew we had another friend. Me and Taehyun were both aware of it even if they had no memory of it. I couldn't just lose Soobin, I wouldn't want to trade him for Yeonjun, Hyuka and Beomgyu.

"Won't you come to class?" Yeonjun's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I smiled up at him.

"I'm coming. Go ahead, I promise I'll come before Mrs. Kim does." I giggled and answered him.

Yeonjun chuckled along with me. There was a moment of silence before he leaned closer and placed his lips on my forehead. The kiss laster longer than a few seconds and by the time he moved I was sure that the touch of his soft lips were ingrained on my skin. I felt like my heart would burst out of my chest.

"It just feels like a long time since I've seen you. I know it was just yesterday that we met, but... It feels like an eternity. I missed you Hyun Ae." He said softly and then walked away into thr classroom.

I stood at my place repeating what happened just a few minutes before and couldn't help but blush. I shifted my weight from one feet to another. So Yeonjun hadn't completely forgotten even if the time had changed and probably our history too...

Suddenly I snapped my head where Taehyun was standing. He was perplexed against the staircase watching into the void.

"Taehyun-ah," I called him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He did not look away from where he was staring but spoke softly.

"Are we never going to meet Soobin again?" I didn't know how to answer that question. All I wanted was for Soobin to be with us. He was a crucial part in our life now and imagining a life without him, just pretending to never meet him was going to be impossible.

"I wish... He was here." I muttered next to him and we looked at each other.

Taehyun was about to speak when tap on both our shoulders interrupted us. We turned around and our jaws dropped down to the floor. He was right there, standing with a black school bag on his shoulder and wearing our school uniform, looking like any other regular school going boy. "Hello, I am Choi Soobin, a transfer student. Mind telling me where class 3-A is?" He said with a smile.

A teasing smile.

"SOOBIN AH!!" Me and Taehyun both screamed with our eyes almost popping out of their sockets in shock and surprise

"SOOBIN AH!!" Me and Taehyun both screamed with our eyes almost popping out of their sockets in shock and surprise. Was this happening for real??

"Missed me?" Soobin asked with a wink and grinned at us.

"What..? How..?" I tried to formulate some words into a proper question but I was tongue tied.

"Guess I'd like to know how it's like to be a human with friends." He said and leaned back while crossing his arms. "Now shall we go? I don't want to be late on my first day."

Soobin was here, with us. Like the Gods up there had granted our wish.

A/N : Sorry, this chapter is a bit short, but I didn't want to drag it, and end it in a funny cliff hanger kind of. Next chapter will be the last which is the Epilogue.

I am done making me the Spotify playlist for Run Away which I'll be uploading in the Epilogue for you guys to enjoy and also make a Question & Answer chapter to answer all your questions and doubts regarding this story xx