03 - Strawberry

The effulgent light illuminated the radiant moon, it bedazzled, shone alongside with the flickering stars across the black flank of the sky. It gleamed for the whole city, for it entirely stood out the essence of the evening. The two made a galvanizing combination of crafting the nightfall beautiful and elegant tonight.

Streets were replete with bustling people, the stores were all lit up with signages and promotions to attract the consumers' picky likings. The highway wasn't congested with any traffic jam, a bunch of people wait for their time to cross down the road. A tired street marketer promoted their depleted diners.

The dark came off with a chilly hint of air, students were dressed in their thick hoodies, the professionals were wearing their scarfs, and everyone was fighting their cold through the thermal sheets of fabric glued on them.

"What does it say?" Scooping up another spoon of mild spicy ramen, she hurriedly brings it up to her mouth before the wind ventilated the warmth of its seething soup.

The pink haired girl peeked on the tiny thin sheet of paper, unfolding it into half, and quietly read it using her eyes. "What, Ryu?"

"The usual writings. Same old ones. That's it."

Chaeryeong stole the paper but Ryujin had zippy reflex, she brought it back to its folded state, keeping it inside her pocket, taking a huge bite on her fish cake. "Don't even try."

Fridays were cheat days. Ryujin and Chaeryeong dropped by the city to grab some delightful street foods, any foods that caught their taste buds. It was settled only during Friday because Chaeryeong didn't wait for her best friend to walk back home with her every single day. Specifically now that Chaeryeong would be heeded with a lot of activities in the Youth Forum. Ryujin understood, Hyunjin and Heejin were the ones accompanying her on the way home.

"Let's get Chinese food now, hurry up." The forward striker swallowed the last bite of fish cake, not minding how would she look like if somebody was judging her eating habits.

Chaeryeong squinted her eyes, they literally just spent the first ten minutes in the food stall and yet Ryujin was all done like nothing occured. "Go back and sit here or I won't pay for your festive orders of food." She retorted.

"Tss." Ryujin didn't have a choice but obey.

"It's been like three years and you're even not trying to hunt down for that unknown human."

Ryujin raked her attention on the swarm of people on the street. "I never encountered a Lucy at school, Ryeong. I don't know, okay?"

Not that Ryujin really tried hard to search out for the anonymous person, she thought they might be using a pen name or something. Apparently, the letters or short notes were always being read of Ryujin alone, she found it adorable but frustrated the hell out of her when she was reminded that the person wasn't someone she knew. Three years, and still, no any clue had been found, ever.

Ryujin waited for the person, but it always appeared as they were not destined to meet or to even see that someone in person. So, trying to search out for this person today wouldn't do anything helpful, but the messages they continuously have had been sending somehow made Ryujin heart's jovial and warmhearted. Who wouldn't?

"Did you even think that's the person's real name?" Chaeryeong replied, biting the last piece of meat of ramen into little fragments.

"The probability of making "Lucy" as a pen name has high chances. So, she's a girl then."

Chaeryeong discreetly rolled her eyes. "I saw that, Ryeong. You're not as sneaky as me."

"Dumb. Of course, she's a girl. Wait, I'll try to search what does Lucy mean! It can help." Ryujin gestured her to go on to whatever plan she had. After all, she was slowly giving up in finding the accurate identity of this secret admirer of hers. And, as if the girl wanted to be known. It had been three years. Why they couldn't just reveal themselves? This what Ryujin always wondered, she couldn't even fathom.