34 - Gift

"Yeji. Have you prepared your speech? I suggest you to make it short for an early ending ceremony."

"Why do you care if Yeji will create something longer than your dick as her graduation speech? She deserves it."

"Honestly, I haven't thought about it."

"You don't have to think about it because it's been obvious since our middle school days." Daphne, surprisingly, blurted out.

"What? Is there any better person than Yeji in class? I'm willing to burn my manga books."

"Who among of our class is staying in this hell hole?"

"I did apply for some opportunities in remarkable universities. Has anyone of you did it too?"

"Unfortunately, I was kind of stupid enough."

"Yeah and my brain is only for Haneul too."

"I'm forever stuck here with same people."

"Did you guys at least eat your favourite comfort food after taking the exams? You should've had if not. You still deserve it." She smiled, giving them an eye contact one by one.

"Actually, that's a really good suggestion."

"You always say clever things so maybe."

"No. Thanks for telling it's okay to fall flat."

"Why is everyone acting like a weirdo?" Lia heaved up a brow, dipping into the setting. "Nevermind. Fine. I'll help cleaning."

"I'm done."

"Lia, you just threw a crumpled paper..."

"Okay, and? Hurry up because student center awaits for you. You're actually late now."

"We don't have meetings anymore, Lia."

"I didn't say a meeting awaits for you."

"Guys, turn off everything before leaving and lock the door, okay."

"I wasn't bitching earlier, I just really don't know how to clean stuff." Lia admitted the moment they were out of the place. "And, my parents are informing me nonstop about the bland dinner with the Saunders family later."

"Did he take the examinations?"

"Yeah, at home. Online stuff, he felt ashamed of showing up to you." It might be the reason why the British guy was nowhere to be found for three weeks now. "But, it doesn't matter. He's irrelevant."

"We'll be seeing him into our graduation?"

"Yeah, I wish he won't."

"Hopefully, your parents will change their minds." Lia snorted. "Who knows, right?"

"I love how you are so optimistic, but Yeji, you're hoping to find a needle in a haystack." Yeji only wanted to uplift her mood. "I found the perfect graduation gift for you, by the way."

"What? You don't have to-I don't even know what to give to you-"

"We're friends."

"I know but-"

"That's enough." Yeji shifted her head to see if there was anything strange, the words only touched her heart. "I don't want to say this, you're the kindest person I've known, and I'm torn between despising you and admiring you for that."

"Maybe, both?" Yeji awkwardly chuckled.

"It's so nice to have a angel."

Their giggles subsided when they noticed they were being loud enough through the hallways. "Are you going overseas in college? I was thinking you'll be back in Canada. Your friends. I'm sure you miss them."