09 - Latte

Playing the words inside her cluttered mind, Ryujin deeply thought about it. Usually, Lucy would talk about soccer, her favourites, school, basically most were random talkabouts. And today, Lucy suddenly said something involving her family which was a bit strange?

And, 'everything will be alright', what did she precisely mean? Ryujin was bothered.

Even so, there were so many girls expressing their affection for Ryujin, they were all just the same. But not with Lucy, it felt more special from her. Perhaps because she wasn't known by Ryujin that added inclusive intriguing factor for the forward striker to be curious more.

Today came like the usual, few lectures, more practices.

Ryujin completed the twenty laps around the field, and within five days, Jeongyeon never bothered to visit her in the practice. As of the moment, Ryujin was now heading to a place where she could get revenge against her unnie.

With her sporty attire, grey sweatpants, an oversized mustard hoodie she got from the top of her closet since her lazy ass didn't let her to choose, and her duffel bag slung over her shoulder, Ryujin firmly shoved off the glass door. She was welcomed by the inward fragrance.

She knew that mornings were the common shift for the freshman barista, but she was still hoping Jeongyeon would stumble upon her mercy. Ryujin was also aware that the coffee shop would be fraught with different people during Fridays, and so she searched for a vacant spot. Unfortunately, Sanctum was full packed. But, she wouldn't leave.

Yet.

Because she saw an angel from quite a far.

Ryujin scrutinised the long, silky, and jet black hair, effortlessly cascading down over the white fabric delicately touching it. She motioned her hand on the table, to get the tail of the spoon, scooping a small piece of probably sweetened cake dessert, brought it to her mouth. Her hand was in movement again, it took the sharpened pencil and jotted down something. She was definitely studying.

Ryujin didn't want to interfere for the second time. Plus the fact she was horrid as if she put all the blame on the innocent girl who was certainly not the sole reason of her crestfallen outburst the other day. Ryujin felt ashamed. It was also the second time she had made Yeji downhearted because of her personal issues. Wherein fact, Ryujin felt the concerned and hearty intent.

Ryujin sighed, shuffled through the walking customers in the middle, and made a haste towards the counter, falling in line willingly.

And everyone knew, Ryujin hated waiting.

However, she didn't have a choice. Ryujin finally made it to the cashier lady, with the right amount—more like few ounces of her patience had left in her. Surprisingly.

"Two cold mocha latte, please." Ryujin had politely told her order to the lady. "And put some tissue, please."

"Kindly proceed to the waiting area. It'll be served shortly. Thank you." The pink haired girl pursed her lips, slowly making her way to the other side. In just no time, the two cold lattes were served.

Ryujin let out another sigh, she held the tray in her both hands, her eyes fell over the girl inside the disarrayed place. She thought for a moment before straight up finalising her hinky decision.

The cat eyed girl was too absorbed in her own world, a chance for the pink haired girl to execute her scheme in stealing her attention. Ryujin quickly but gently unplugged one of the wireless earphones away from her, and put it to her instead.

"Hey!—oh, Ryujin..." Yeji gulped, "hi...you got me completely unaware."

"I didn't mean to freak you out, I saw you intensely studying so I thought giving you this mocha latte. It's my favourite drink in here, I just think you deserve it for studying so hard, so, uh, yeah. I'm rambling, aren't I?" Ryujin nervously swallowed her dank saliva, trying to interlink her convulsive gaze with Yeji as she internally had a thought that Yeji might despise to see her here because of her sporadic mood variation which her family and only Chaeryeong mostly understood.