22 - Cold

A dulcet yet saturnine pitches of bass and cadence had been encroaching into her advertence, surmising each notable lyrics slowly spoken. However, the rip-roaring little voice and whisper at the back of her head were paramount, disallowing herself to be concentrated. The tracks she shared with a catlike features were on loop. Somehow, it reminded her of the girl but wouldn't admit.

"I told you to study."

"I'm reading."

"You're reading a different context."

"I know." Ryujin carefully folded the piece of treasured paper, sliding it into the box, and getting another letter.

Chaeryeong kept an eye on her dreading best friend lying down on her unfixed bed. Ryujin had been doing it since she arrived in their study for their finals next week.

Well, it was really a ghastly moment to face finals week, although, Ryujin wasn't focused studying and being a thoughtful best friend she was, Chaeryeong was there to actually help and try not to annoy her. "Why didn't you tell me? I was so unaware."

"Have you heard the word secret? Because that's what it called." Still, her eyes were on the letter, listening to the coffee haired girl. "Besides, can't you see the way her face lights up when she sees you? It's the biggest clue."

"I'm not Blues Clues to search out for clues." She replied nonchalantly, curving the corners of her mouth downward, her face softened. "She's been avoiding me for two weeks already. How can she sleep at night?"

Snorting, the coffee haired girl remained cool on the chair. She couldn't believe the last sentence came out of Ryujin's mouth. "Didn't I tell you she will distance herself? Obviously, she was scared."

"Scared?"

"Yeah, that you will no longer talk to her and maybe get mad at her for hiding for so long." Ryujin finished browsing the nth letter, she didn't know anymore. "And also, considering your girlfriend is a friend of hers. It's normal for her to weasel out of you."

She frowned, arranging all the letters and kept it inside the drawer. "I don't get why you're sulking." Chaeryeong puffed out. "Are you sulking because she ran away, or she's been distant or you miss her letters or you just miss the person Lucy basically Yeji?"

Ryujin was caught off guard, deciphering every ounce of words dropping off from Chaeryeong. She couldn't even understand herself. "See, you don't know yet you're acting strange, dumb ass."

"I know what should I do."

"Whenever I see her, she's with Heather. How am I supposed to speak with her?" Chaeryeong lolled her legs, refraining it from being strained. "They even go home together when I am literally her neighbor."

This time, the coffee haired girl burst out chuckling. "That boy has been consistent."

"He's so consistent of annoying me by just breathing." Ryujin commented, rolling an eye, piling up her books. "I seriously don't like him. I saw him talking with Lia one time, they seemed very serious and Lia didn't even bother to tell me about it."

"In case you didn't know, they were actually schoolmates." In fact, their families had great relationship with one another. Though, the two seemed despising each other at school.

"I don't want anything related to Saunders." She clarified, lifting a brow, and her expression hardened.

A knock from the door stole their attention, it swung wide open, Yejoon peeked in. "You got a visitor, lil sis. Should I call her to come up?"

Ryujin nodded her head, pushing down the thick blanket off of her feet. The loud thump on the stairs mounted, revealing someone in expensive winter apparels. Lia marched in, grinning widely. She had shopping bags in her hands and rushed to her girlfriend.