13 - Temperature

"Yeji, I think that will be quite enough for all of us but since Ryujin is here..." The coffee haired girl threw off a glare on the forward striker in verdict, earning a frown from.

"It's okay, nobody will eat after except Mama but it's all right." Yeji reassured Chaeryeong even if she sensed the latter was making fun around of her best friend as usual. The two best buddies were holding an intense stare battle and Ryujin was the first one to withdraw.

With a small grin across her lips, Yeji sailed back to the kitchen counter to gather up a soup made with herbs and spices that was perfect for chilly weather. A bowl of scorching crab and corn soup was served on the dining table, a typical braised chicken with glazed meatballs and the people's favourite —kimchi fried rice.

Mrs. Hwang suggested them to have an early dinner, and they all agreed. Since the food was the consummate concern, everybody hastened towards the kitchen and prepared everything.

As for Yeji, there was no literally planned out sleepover tonight. In fact, she was a susceptible victim of her juniors. She lurched across the table, arranging the utensils, filling up the transparent glass with water, and was joined by the others. Yeji pulled out a seat for herself, and occupied it whilst Chaeryeong sat on the opposite, facing her.

The six seater dining table was enormous enough for them. Yuna was certain to root out for the seat beside Yeji. However, a pair of shrew dark brown orbs was darted upon the blondé and Yuna didn't quite discern it. So, she happily took the chair for herself and Ryujin let out a fizzled sigh. No one noticed it.

"Go ahead." Yeji mumbled, all eyes were set on her. Without a doubt, Yuna didn't hesitate to be the first person tackling the food.

Chaeryeong immediately grabbed her own wooden chopsticks, aiming to have a piece of braised chicken and glaze meatballs with a small amount of kimchi fried rice. Yuna was only interested on the chicken and rice.

Soon enough, the trills of the ceramic plate and bowls collided with one another as the two initiated to pour in their starving body. Well, excluding Yeji and Ryujin.

"Ryujin is a whole glutton." Chaeryeong spoke right after gulping the minced tuckers, reposing the chopsticks upon her plate. "She just came from practice, she will eat this in a snap."

The coffee haired girl was quite astonished to perceive the pink haired girl in peace as she slandered her. Ryujin seemed very cool about it. Chaeryeong nudged her off by the arm, only to receive a complacent expression.

Yeji finally gave up in a matter of a seconds and divulged herself with the scalding soup. And, Ryujin succeeded against Yeji. Again, Chaeryeong was ataken back. A very little portion of her favourite kimchi fried rice on her own plate and only a soup? Chaeryeong couldn't precisely believe.

"You really don't have to be shy, Ryujin." The coffee haired girl teased her best friend, but it appeared to be on a downfall side.

"I'm not hungry. We didn't have any practice this afternoon, actually."

Yeji adjudged to head up, unintentionally grazing her lovely eyes to Ryujin who was already staring at her earlier. "That's strange to hear."

Ryujin wouldn't tell a lie, she couldn't help herself but be enthralled in those gorgeous cat eyes. She brought the spoon to her lips and tasted the piping soup without flinching at least any part of her body while all focused on Yeji that had quickly dropped off her gaze.

"He had an urgent appointment." Ryujin shrugged not knowing what it was, it must be highly significant as their coach was never a lazy bum and didn't like cancelling or even postponing their daily trainings. "Don't know."