07 - Superstar

An execrable strident ringing of the alarm clock echoed, allowing the forward striker to rouse sluggishly from the bunk. The loud vibrations continued to roar inside the four thick walls, though, the pink haired girl seemed to be unfazed, swathing the cozy blanket over her head. Eventually, she was pissed off, she hated mornings. She wasn't a morning person. Ryujin harshly threw one of her soft pillow onto her blaring alarm clock.

"Crap," she hissed underneath her breath.

She didn't have a choice but wake up, after all, it was her mistake when the alarm clock rang. She forgot it was supposedly Sunday, Ryujin thought it was start of the week today. She groaned, trudging her slow steps to the bathroom, doing her morning rituals, and only did a quick shower. If other girls spent an entire half day in the shower, Ryujin commonly only took less than five minutes.

Going downstairs, she heard nothing. She lived alone, not totally all by herself. Some other nights, her brother joined her at their home. But then, since his work was too a lot to handle, Ryujin was all by herself most of the time which was certainly not alright at the beginning but as time flew by, she got used to it. Ryujin dragged her feet to the kitchen to grab some cereals or whatever food that was available. Unfortunately, a box of musli was all she got in the cabinet. Sighing, she took it.

"Ryujin!" A call from outside cranked up the sleepy eyes of the forward striker, Ryujin hopped off from the chair and sprinted to the door. "I wasn't expecting you'll be awake early this morning." Ryujin frowned.

"Geez, relax." Chaeryeong stepped into the house. "What?"

"Nothing." The sour face tacked on her, she went back to the kitchen, perching down as she continued to forcefully eat the tasteless and abominable musli cereals. "Don't stare."

"Why are you so grumpy today, huh?" She rolled her eyes secretly but her best friend saw it. "Are you on your period? Red days?"

"As you can see, I'm suffering a lot." Ryujin abruptly struck down the metal spoon on  the bowl full of musli and cold low fat milk.

Chaeryeong walked towards her direction, sitting down across her snappish best friend. "That's a healthy one, I envy you. We don't have fresh fruits and vegetables at home."

"You even go here to annoy me, I see." The coffee haired girl chuckled, not really, and to see her best friend irritated with her was of a huge victory since Ryujin tended to be more of a bully to her. "Ryeong, I'm having a not so pleasant morning here, please." She jeered.

"Fine, I'll shut my mouth, you go continue to suffer—I mean to eat." Chaeryeong teased Ryujin even more, making extraneous noise under her breath. "I guess Hyunjin returned your headband." She added, watching the pink haired girl munched the sliced banana within the cereals. Ryujin shook her head.

"Lucy did." With her wide eyes, Chaeryeong sat up properly, leaning towards the table.

"She put it in my locker, with a note, and a caramel bar." Ryujin continued, as well as her short-suffering from eating. "I wasn't in the field anymore, I didn't get to see her face. I don't know if you're going to ask me, okay."

Chaeryeong thought for a brief moment.

"Basically, she was in the same area where the incident happened, do you think it can be from your team...?" Ryeong snapped an idea, considering the fact that somebody from the soccer team had a crush on her best friend, it could be a huge probability too. "Wait, do you remember Bella? But she had graduated two years ago."

"And, even transferred to another university after highschool. There's no way she would be sending those notes twice a week being far away from me. That'll be insane." Ryujin casted up, swallowing the disgusting musli cereals. "Besides, it can be someone from lower batch." There was no doubt that the star soccer player had been renowned at school ever since she joined the team. In fact, she frequently received letters too as well from random students passing by when she had encountered them on hallways or practices.