17 - Library

Faint murmurs, trivial parley, and distinct chatters were the star of the foyers. Several figures of hellions resembled in the middle. Thick glasses were friends with most of the wallflowers and their chunky bible-like notebooks had a grip on their slender pair of hands. Hence, the idle mediocrity of the jock heads never had a single clean record of racking up the pants of these underdogs.

A quite everyday routine for high school.

Of course, the superstars, the cream of the crop, or most especially the Red Cougars were the spotlight stealers in every lobbies and classes. It was definitely not a total vantage on some incidents, but rather an abrasive havoc on their everyday fray. Specifically, for Ryujin. She had the most numbers of fangirls from left to right and it would be rude not to acknowledge them.

Although, things were a bit different now.

"It's starting to astound me how your fans club behave recently, are they voodooed or something, Ryujin?" Ryujin and her best friend, at the same time, her classmate, were casually waddling the corridors. "Weird."

Back then, when Ryujin was found strolling in the alleys, a small group or at least couple of her so called fangirls would be in just around the corner, giggling when they were able to meet gazes with Ryujin, it was a common thing and a peculiar stuff for the well-known forward striker.

"This is what you wanted? Girls are so confusing." Chaeryeong glared at her in disbelief. "And I'm far from being confusing."

"If it weren't for them, I'll look stupid as hell for not knowing you're dating already." It resonated the striking thunders above the sky during thunderstorm and piercing fleet lightning notching across the midnight heavens. "I should go and give them thanks."

Ryujin let out a sigh, gripping the ordinary pencil in a fist, enacting layers of wrinkle on her forehead. "I was supposed to tell you, okay? I didn't see you after the game."

She spoke, mumbling between her gritted teeth, unaware of how tight her clutch was on the pencil. Her day wasn't smooth earlier, but Chaeryeong was starting to make it worse by now. "I get it if you did want to keep it from me but you also know—"

"Why will I keep it to you? I just forgot to tell you about me and Lia and then you're here making it as if I betrayed your ass?!"

Her temper was clearly showing and the coffee haired girl saw it beforehand the pencil she was clenching in her puissant possession got segmented into half. And Ryujin only realised what she had done when the sharp snap sound was popped on, bringing her sanity into the reality.

"Shit." The pink haired girl awfully cussed.

Chaeryeong had one thing to do and that was to leave Ryujin alone and let her get back into a better state. The coffee haired girl gave a dull expression, and went up to their designated room which had Economic class.

Ryujin muttered another foul word beneath her warm breath and just yanked down the broken pencil in the trash bin. Good thing, they weren't many students loitering in the hallway, mostly were boys who pretty much didn't cherish her presence considering how she could outshine them amongst the girls they were hitting up.

She pushed through the door, spotting her best friend in the first row of the chairs by the aisle, scanning the beautifully written notes from the last lecture they had. Ryujin took the vacant seat beside, slumping her whole weight in distress. "Chaeryeong..."

"Done with your rage? 'Cause if not, I don't have time for it. There may be a quiz." Chaeryeong was unbothered. Actually, it was nothing to her, the delirium Ryujin brought to her became commonality. No sole improvements.