Chapter 1

I was happy once had a family, friends life was great I was a talkative and outgoing person before the world turned to shit it was like any other day I was done with classes for the day at the cafe where I worked serving tables when the virus hit. I started to here people scream " oh my god!" I walked outside to see what was going on " hey what's going on?" asking a random man that was running by. " He ripped his face off and ate it like a piece of laffy taffy go while you can there's more!" the TV in the cafe went on. " We are having a virus outbreak of cannibalism this is not a drill everyone stay inside and lock your doors and window again this is not a drill" a woman bite the news reporter in the shoulder she didn't even look human. My phone rang grabbing it out of my back pocket " mom, what's going on?" watching everyone run passed the cafe. " y/n, I need you to get home right now" when someone was thrown into the glass it's face and hands was covered in blood it's eyes were ghostly white making me scream. " y/n, y/n!" my hands were trembling that I had to use my other hand to keep it straight. " Mom, they're eating people" the glass was slowly starting to crack. " y/n get out of there now we need to leave town!" I started to slowly back away. " Mom" tears starting to roll down my cheeks. The glass broke as those things started to come in " y/n, we're not leaving without you" I ran out the back door immediately I got knocked to the ground getting up running with all of the people cars screeched by. I see groups of them eating the people who laid lifeless on the sidewalk. 

My chest burned I ran all the way home " dad, dad!" he was loading up the car with supplies. " y/n, thank god you're alright" we hugged. " We got to get out of here before it's too late" my mom ran out with more supplies. " y/n" i ran into my moms arms. " You're okay our call got disconnected" I started to grab supplies from the garage " I got trampled we can't go into town it's madness we need guns, knifes whatever they are . . . they're not human not anymore" we grabbed all that we could. My dad kept a couple of guns stashed around the house grabbing all of the steak knifes we had the road was jammed packed bumper to bumper horns blaring in the background " we can't go this way this is madness" we haven't moved for 5 minutes. " Hold on girls" we went off road into the woods and drove till it got dark outside. " Good thing I filled up the gas tank this morning" we parked behind a bunch of trees and our car is black so it'll be hard to spot. " y/n, eat your sandwich" all I could think about or see in my head are those things. " I'm not hungry" I whispered. " You have to keep your strength up" I put my head down. My parents sighed " get some rest I'm gonna teach you how to shoot tomorrow with your mother" I laid down in the backseat pulling the blanket over my shoulder. 

I learned how to shoot and how to use a knife as a weapon in the beginning their weren't that many then it turned to all that I saw " where's dad?" taking a bite of a cooked rabbit. " Getting more firewood I'll go check on him" I stopped her. " I'll go" grabbing my knife and flashlight that was next to me. " Be careful" I lightly smiled. " Always" I walked a couple of yards. " Dad?" I heard a noise. " Daddy?" the light shined on 3 people one was laying on the floor and 2 on their knees bending over. My chest started to feel heavy they got him starting to hyperventilate " daddy" I whispered softly they turned growling starting to walk towards me. I turned to run when I was face to face with a walker I stabbed it in the head along with the other 2 my lips quivered as I fell onto my knees next to my dad he was all ripped apart except for his face " daddy" running my finger against his cheek. I heard my mom scream I ran back to camp to see my mom cornered by 4 walkers " mom!" I killed them watching my mom slid down the side of my car holding her neck. " No, no, no" taking of my jacket pressing it against the wound. " He's dead dad's dead they got him" I cried she put her bloody hand on my cheek. " I love you y/n I'll be alright e-eve-everything is going to be alright" I gently laid my head on her chest wrapping my arms around her as I silently cried. " I love you too mom" her face turned ghostly white her blood staining my clothes. They both turned I never felt so broken, hopeless I had to kill them it killed me inside but they weren't my parents anymore I loaded up the car, driving away leaving me all alone.