Chapter 23

There's something wrong with Maggie. Enid came outside yelling that somethings wrong with Maggie's baby. So, we're packing up to take her to the hilltop to their doctor. Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita are trying to get Daryl and y/n back home apparently they are after Dwight. The man who tied them up in the woods, who shot Denise with Daryl's own crossbow. Maggie was getting worse Rick, Carl, Abraham, Eugene, Sasha, and I piled into the RV. Rick left father Gabriel in charge " here, lay down" she was really pale and weak. " Hey" Rick went down on his knees. " Hey, we're gonna get there. The doctor at hilltop, he's gonna make things better" Maggie tried to fight back tears." Hey" Rick run his fingers through Maggie's now pixie cut. " How do you know?" she whispered. " Everything we've done, we've done together. We got here together and we're still here. Things have happened, but it always worked out for us cause it's always been all of us. That's how I know. Cause as long as it's all of us, we can do anything" we are family. We can all get through this together " Rick's right everything will be okay. The baby will be okay" Maggie grabbed my hand and held it tight. 

The RV was coming to a stop " what?" Rick asked. " Enemy close" Abraham replied. We looked out the window to see a group of men in the middle of the road, blocking it. One is injured laying on the pavement " we doing this?" we all looked at Rick. " No" we got out of the RV. " He's someone who was with a whole lot of someone's who didn't listen" the unknown man said. " We can make a deal right here, right now" Rick had his hands up. " That right, we can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen" y/n was stopped by people just like them. It's Negan's people " yeah . . . that deal's not gonna work out of us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all your stuff, only I"m thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Anymore of you" one of the men, spray painted the letter A on the guy's chest that was laying on the ground. " Sorry, my deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate" Rick gave us a signal to go back. " Me and my people are leaving" we slowly backed up. " Okay, friend, plenty of ways to get to where you're going" we went back into the RV. " You want to make today your last day on earth?" the man looked up at the grey sky. " No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last day on earth for you. For someone you love, what if that's true. Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in the RV, cause you never know" he snapped his fingers. " Just like that. Be kind to each other. Like you said . . . like it was your last day on earth" don't take life for granted cause it can end in a second y/n's voice echoed in my head. I hope she's back home safe and sound reading a book on the couch like usual. 

We're trying to figure out another way to the hilltop " long run road's a straight shot" Eugene said. " We want visibility" we can't have no blind spots. " There you got it on Shelton, golf course, country clubs, sloping terrain. No bum rush from the bogeyman. We'd see them from a good piece. It is a longer trip by a third, but we'd get the scenic safety of clear-cut dingles and glens" Sasha chuckled. " You're being serious, right?" no mistakes. " As coronary thrombosis" Rick interrupted him. " You got a route?" looking at the map. " Yeah" Abraham went behind the wheel driving off. " Bitch nuts" we came to a stop again. There's more of them a lot more than us " we making our stand?" Sasha asked. " Yeah, we end it" Carl panted. " No, not know. They've been waiting. They're ready. With one of us behind the wheel, that's 5 on 16. We're gonna play our way, how we want it. Right?" everyone agreed. " All right, go slow" Abraham put the RV in reverse. Gun shots went off, shooting 3 more rounds till we completely turned around. This time we were blocked from walkers we can't catch a fucking break. We stepped out of the RV the walkers were chained together " putting together a red rover like that takes people" Eugene commented. " Come on, let's do this" Carl stopped him. " That's Michonne's" one of the walkers had one of Michonne's dreadlocks. " That's Daryl's" one of Daryl's arrows was in the walkers stomach. y/n's with Daryl she must of got away. She must of. Rick pulled the dreadlock off of  the walkers head about to kill it. When gunfire went off at our feet " get back to the RV go!" we shot back, they were hiding in the trees. Rick chopped off one of the walkers arms off pushing them away. So, we can get through racing off.