Chapter 18

We walked outside to the cold air " why were you at Denise and Tara's place?" Daryl mumbled. " Rosita and Abraham were at it again, couldn't fall asleep. You were still out so I went to their place. Tara and I got to talking then you guys showed up with a man that calls himself Jesus. Did anyone tell father Gabriel?. I bet his prayers were answered" we laughed. " What did you and Rick find?" sitting on his porch steps. " A truck full of food and supplies" we are starting to run low on food and supplies. " You didn't come back with the truck did you. That's why you brought that guy home cause he was responsible" he moved his head so his hair got out of his eyes. " We found the truck went to find gas, when that prick showed up. He tricked us when he ran off what sounds like gun shots were going off. We went to check it out, he set up firecrackers. Rick left the keys in the truck and he took the truck" I busted out laughing. " I'm. not. laughing. cause he took the truck. Jesus really took the wheel, you know the Carrie Underwood song" I wiped away my laughing tears. " I'm sorry, continue" the song sang in my mind. " We ran after him followed his trail to the truck it broke down. We caught up to him, tied him up, and got the truck back. We didn't know that he was on the roof when Rick slammed on the brakes. He ran, I chased after him Rick was getting walkers. He was about to take the truck again ,we fought. He must of hit the gear shift into reverse jumping out, he hit his head on the door and the truck went into a lake" I put my face into my hands. " Are you fucking serious, all that stuff is now at the bottom of a lake" we needed all that stuff. " I wanted to leave him. Rick convinced me to bring him home. He thinks he'll be beneficial" Denise came running down the street.  

" He got out he's in Rick's house" Abraham, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, and I ran into the house weapons drawn. " It's- it's okay" Michonne assured. " You said we should talk. so let's talk" we went downstairs to the dining room. Denise looks like she saw a ghost " hey, you okay?" Denise met my eyes. " Yeah, I'll be fine. Come to infirmary later I want to talk to you about something" she left and I went to stand next to Abraham. " So, how'd you get out?" Rick asked. " One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy come from order, right?" right Daryl said. " I checked out your arsenal, I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well-equipped, but your provisions are low, very low for the amount of people you have. 54?" Jesus questioned. " More than that" Maggie replied. " Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef" Carol left a couple of days after we got back. " Yeah, she ain't here" Daryl said. " Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and you both look like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities maybe in position to help one another".    

" Do you have food?" Glenn asked.

" We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything to tomatoes to sorghum".

" Tell us why we should believe you" Rick was doubtful, I would have been too.

" I'll show you. If we take a car. I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer".

" Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Maggie questioned. 

" Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger" we agreed to go back with him to his community. 

I helped load stuff into the RV " are you sure, you don't want to come" Rick asked. " No, I'll stay here. Keep an eye on things around here. I'll watch Judith till you guys get back, you guys be safe, alright" they piled into the RV. " You're gonna stay to watch a baby?" Daryl asked. " See you later, Dixon" pushing him into the RV. Carl, Judith, and I watched as they drove away " I got her".