chapter 6

We continued to walk y/n was still limping pretty bad just getting worse and worse the further we walked " you wanna take a break, you're limping pretty badly" I noticed it got worse the more we walked. " I'm fine" she mumbled. " Are you sure we can stop" freezing in my spot I was getting pretty tired myself. " Yeah, we need to find a safe place to stay for the night it's gonna get dark soon" the sun was almost set we need to set up camp. " It's getting dark fast we need to stop you need to rest" y/n shook her head. " Not yet is that a building?" pointing into the distance. " I think so come on" it was an library. I opened the door y/n whistled loudly making me jump nothing came " you check the left, I'll check the right" we checked the small building. " We're good?" y/n questioned sitting her things down. " All clear and out of water" only showing me 2 cans of food left. " I'll find some" she handed me 2 empty cans. 

I walked to the bathroom to see if the toilet tank has some water " score" filling both the cans up. I walked back to see y/n covering the windows with cardboard humming a tune " found some water there was some in the toilet tank just have to boil it" grabbing an trash can grabbing a random book ripping the pages out crumbling them. " Never would I thought in my whole life I would have to drink toilet water" watching her set a page on fire throwing it into the trash can. I added more paper finding 2 hangers crossing them over each other putting the can on top of it. The fire felt nice I was only wearing a short sleeve shirt and pants it's hot during the day but chilly at night " hey, can you help me move these bookshelf's we need to block the door" we moved 2 bookshelf's barricading us off if anything happens. " We shouldn't eat tonight we only have 2 cans left and I still don't know how far away we are from Alexandria" taking one can off the fire putting the other one on. " Yeah, we have to save it thanks" taking the can out of my hand. 

y/n roamed around browsing the bookshelf's continuing to hum her humming put me at ease, relaxed me. She sat down across from me a book in her lap " what-ca reading?" she didn't answer or even looked up. " y/n" rising my voice a little. " Don't you see I don't want to talk, that I'm ignoring you" she said in a harsh tone. I picked at my fingernails quiet for a minute " so, what are you reading?" she groaned throwing her head back in annoyance. " A book" I snickered. " Well obviously what is it about?" she glared at me. " I wouldn't know cause you keep on interrupting me" looking back down at her book. " I bet you were a huge nerd before all this started, studied all the time nose always in a book" she stayed quiet. " What were you like before the outbreak happened?" she looked up the fire made her skin glow. " Not a bitch or an asshole" she said sarcastically. " No, really" I want to get to know her since we're stuck with each other. " It doesn't matter anymore the past doesn't matter it's all about survival now" she stood up grabbing her rifle. " I'm gonna check the perimeter" she didn't come back for like half an hour. I think she needed some alone time so I let her be " all clear?" she ignored me laying down using her backpack as a pillow.

" I used to be a police officer for the Atlanta police I like to say that I was. I was fresh out of the academy when it all started it was my dad, my sister Lilly, and my niece Meghan. We stayed in our apartment complex waiting for the national guard they never came. One night a guy named Brian came into our building he was a bad man my dad was sick turned almost got me Brain saved me. The 4 of us found a camp in the woods they had RV's and stuff I felt safe, had a girlfriend felt like everything was almost normal you know like camping. Our leader got drunk and fell into a pit of walkers Brian killed all the important people there. He wanted to take over a prison the people I'm with now we're in it when Brian told us he wanted to take over the prison I knew it sounded bad. When I found my girlfriend she was dead, my niece, my sister she was surrounded pounced on I saw it happen. We had a war nobody got the prison they took me in even when I was with the enemy" I miss them and my family so much. " They took you in cause your a good person Tara like how you took me in you could have left me when you ran but you didn't" tears filled my eyes. " I'm sorry that happened to you, happened to all of us just not ready to tell my whole life story yet get some sleep I got it from here".