Chapter 3

The car wouldn't start " are you fucking kidding me" I mumbled grabbing my backpack and weapons starting to walk on foot. I need more food, water, supplies I haven't eat in 2 weeks walking for days on end only stopping at night to sleep climbing up a tree knowing it's my safest bet those things can't climb and people don't look at the sky when they walk. I was walking down a abandoned store plaza a clothing store I look down my clothes are all ripped and torn covered in blood and dirt having been wearing it since this started. The door was unlocked I whistled loudly holding up my rifle nothing came I smiled sighing in relief most of the clothing racks were on the floor. I locked the door behind me picking up the clothing racks changing into white tang top and maroon long sleeve and ripped jeans putting my weapons back on me. I haven't seen those things in a couple of days the sun was starting to set gonna stay here for the night barricading both doors sleeping behind the counter so I wouldn't be seen. 

In the morning I was back on the road my stomach rumbled loudly " holy shit" I mumbled to myself to see a huge Costco. I ran up to it the front door was locked finding my way through a window it was dark inside grabbing my flashlight from my backpack I banged on the metal shelf's starting to hear growling in the distance. I stayed up high on the shelf shooting everyone that came in sight jumping down when I knew it was safe. The store was ransacked finding a couple of random things here and there things that don't matter anymore " fuck!" kicking whatever's around me when I found a big grey door that took up most of the wall I grabbed the lock that was on a big chain it needed a combination. I smashed the lock with the butt of my rifle till it snapped open removing the lock and chain using all my strength to open this heavy door it was full of food and water mostly everything I needed. I laughed with happiness I was going to be okay chugging down a bottle of water, stuffing my face with food till my stomach got so full that I couldn't barely even move. 

I was sprawled on the pavement floor hearing growling as one of those things walked in " not now" I groaned getting up stabbing it in the head. I still heard growling as more appeared around the corner " I need to seal this place" stabbing each one of them in the head to see a open door in the back. The door lead to a back alley way from the store where they threw away their garbage and cardboard boxes one came at me out of nowhere letting out a scream since it startled me stabbing it in the head. I got the group inside attention " come on you little fuckers" stabbing each one in the head now I'm covered in blood. I closed the door it wouldn't shut properly putting a heavy shelf in front of it and covered the windows with cardboard this place is so much better than being outside in the woods just sucks being alone it's a struggle sometimes. 

I stayed there for almost a year nothing came in or out I shot up when I heard a loud banging in the front of the store grabbing my rifle going up to the roof to see a women with shoulder length black hair all she had was a spear watching her disappear inside my home in the exact same window I came in " that bitch" I stayed up high on the shelf's watching the unknown women walking up and down the isles. I aimed and shoot I missed she gasped and started to run dodging all my bullets I kept on shooting till I see she was coming up to a dead end corner perfect. I jumped down putting my rifle in her face her eyes widened as she put her spear down kicking it towards me putting her hands up in surrender I quickly grabbed it " you have any other weapons?" she quickly shook her head. " Hi, I just, uh . . . I didn't mean to" she chuckled nervously. " You didn't mean to come into my home running from those things" tightening my grip on the trigger. " Look, I'm cool I'm not here to hurt anyone" I lightly chuckled. " Their isn't anyone" taking a step closer making her back into the wall. " I'm sorry I just walked in . . . crawled I'm sorry" she said in-between breaths. " I can just go" I didn't move. " Okay, this is cool too we just keep doing this" I headbutted her with my gun knocking her out.