chapter 14

Our connection with Rick got caught off and we found our way back to Abraham and Sasha to finish leading the walkers away.

Sasha on walkie: all right.

Daryl on walkie: that's 20?.

Sasha on walkie: it will be. 642 is a mile ahead. We got distance between us and them before the turn off.

Abraham on walkie: so floor it. 

Daryl on walkie: alright, try to keep up.

Sasha: Daryl, have you looked at this car? believe me, we want to get back there too.

We sped up turning the corner gunfire people were shooting at us. We passed men with machine guns " whoa!" the motorcycle tipped over. Daryl and I skidded on the hard ground. A blue car followed Abraham and Sasha " sunshine!" we hopped back on his bike. 2 cars followed us shooting at us as we dodged the gunfire. We rode past a couple of walkers one of the cars crashed as the other continued to fire and follow " Daryl, we have to hide it's breaking distance. Let it pass" we went into the woods watching the van drive by. " Nice one sunshine" as went went to the other side. 

The trees were black and burnt Daryl timbered over with weakness. We laid there on the ground hurt and exhausted " help me, push it" the bike is heavier than it looks. My arm hurts so badly I must of hurt it when we fell. The walkers were now burnt skeletons " Daryl, I can't push anymore" we put the bike down. " Sasha, Abraham are you there?" Daryl spoke into the walkie talkie all we got is static. I took off my jacket to see my skin scrapped off most off my upper arm. Daryl struggled to take off his jacket I helped him. He had the same wound as me as blood dripped down both of our arms " ya good?" he asked. " Yeah" Daryl went to grab our stuff handing me my rifle hearing a branch crack putting my rifle up. We walked with our weapons drawn behind a tree stood 2 girls with their arms up " you found us, okay. Here we are. We earned what we took" I heard another branch snap behind me and everything went black.

I was in and out of consciousness " he's probably just another solider probably hates him too. I don't know about the girl he would have liked her" the voices echoed. " You know how to use one?" they were going through our stuff. " Yeah, never liked using them to hunt" the fire crackled. " We pick up Patty and we're gone, okay. This is the last day we gotta live like this" my hands were tied up in front of me. " Get up. Hey get up!" he pointed a gun at us. " We're moving. Here's the deal. You guys don't say shit and I don't kill ya" the blond haired man warned. " We ain't, who you think we are" my voice cracked since my throat is so dry. He pulled down the trigger " say something else go ahead" we stayed quiet as he pulled us up. " Follow them" we followed the 2 girls named Sherry and Tina. " Here, drink the rest" Sherry handed the water to me. I stood still " we don't need you guys falling down now drink" I took a couple of sips giving the rest to Daryl. " They find us, maybe we give you guys to them, they let us call it even. You see we're reasonable people. Everybody's got their code. You feel you gotta kneel, that's fair enough. We don't let's go" pushing us forward. 

Who's they, who were they once with, we gotta kneel I'm not kneeling to anyone. " I can't believe we're back" Sherry said. " It's not home anymore, but it's better than where we were" the man had my gun pointed at our backs. " This is the pit stop. We pick up Patty, nothing more than that" I listened as they talked. They set the forest on fire " you did all this?" Daryl asked. " It was right at the start. Everything stopped the TV, the radio we were here the forest was full of them. And the other ones in town, they were drawn to it. They just walked into the flames thought we ended it for us, and she was in DC. We thought that was what everybody was doing. Fighting it that we'd all win together we were stupid" the blond man walked in front of us leaving us unguarded. " Y'all don't think you're being stupid right now" Daryl commented. "going back" he pointed the gun at us. " Are you guys saying that I should kill you guys?" Daryl and I looked at each other. " I mean it, are you gonna try and pull something on us?" of course we were. " Are we just being thick here by removing all doubt. Right now, by me not pulling this trigger, is that a mistake. I'm serious I really wanna know. You guys made your choice to kill for someone else, to have them own you a roof over your head and three squares, so maybe I'm not considering all aspects here" we never killed for someone else. We do it to protect each other " you tell me, am I being stupid?" I shook my head. " No, look we got somewhere to be. We can make a deal we can help you out" I said. " He's one of them. You I'm not sure about cause all of the pretty girls are with him. We should've never trusted you people to begin with go on keep moving" we walked till we got to a fence. 

" Son of a bitch!" they walked towards the gate looking at the walkers. Sherry dropped the bag I tilted my head towards the bag.  Tina fainted fell to the ground giving us a opening Daryl grabbed the bag and we ran. Dwight shot at us we dodged the bullets running back into the woods untying ourselves " Sasha, Abraham you there?" no response. I checked the bag all there was a small cooler with an label ' insulin'. " Insulin?" Daryl panted. " It's a medicine with people with diabetes. I used to watch a kid that had it her blood sugar got too low that's why she fainted" I panted. " Could she die?" I looked at him. " I think so if it's severe enough" I grabbed the bag and we walked back to them. " Drop the gun, drop it. Give it to me" he gave Daryl the gun. He threw it at me I caught it " we came all this way what you got for the duffel. You put us through too much shit just to give it back principle of the thing. What you got besides your gun?" Daryl aimed his crossbow at him. " Nothing" Sherry defended. We exchange things a random wooden solider Dwight was making. I threw the bag at them " take it. It's all there good luck you gotta need it" I saw a truck driving through the trees. Daryl ran up to me grabbing my hand pulling me behind a tree hiding.

3 men came out we watched at they talked we noticed that they had more of them. we went back to them " come on hey, that way come on go" Daryl grabbed Tina as we ran through the trees. " Hey, take it" giving the gun back to Dwight. I saw one of them walking towards a walker trapped behind a boulder. I grabbed a branch making a rustling sound distracting him giving the walker the time to bit him. " Ahhh, Wade, I'm bit!" another man came up. Take it off me" the man took the belt off his waist wrapping it around the guys arm. " I'll get your watch afterwards" plowing his knife into his skin till his arm finally fell off. " It's time to go home Cam got a boo boo" he told the guy to walk it off and they left the area. " We thought you guys were them. We knocked you over the head, tie you up, threaten to kill you. Why the hell did you guys come back?" Daryl and I looked at each other. " Maybe we're stupid too".

We walked through the woods back to our bike " so you though I was one of them" they told us about the place that they once lived in. We came across a small burnt down shed 2 bodies laid on the floor covered in glass Tina got bit we stabbed them both in the heads helping them dig a grave. " Hey, how many walkers have you killed?" Daryl asked. " A lot a couple dozen at least" Dwight replied. " How many people have you killed?" my parents faces flashed in my mind. " None, because if I did, there'd be no going back to how things were" that part of the world is over. " We're from a place where people are still like they were . . . more or less, better or worse" after burying Tina we walked back to our bike. " I can walk it from here till we meet up with my friends. They got a car you can ride with them" pulling the bike from the bushes. " How many friends you say there were?" I turned around. " We didn't there's 2 of em" helping push the heavy bike. " How do you know that they didn't get taken?" Dwight asked. " We don't" I heard a gun click. It was too late to grab our weapons that were strapped behind our backs. " We're sorry give her the crossbow and the rifle" we stood still. " You gonna go back?" Daryl said. We helped them and this is what we get. " You'll be safe" I said. " Shut up!" Dwight yelled. " Ain't nowhere safe no more" Daryl said. " Give her the crossbow and rifle?" Dwight gritted through his teeth. " You gonna kneel?" he fired a shot at the trees behind us. We didn't flinch or was phased Daryl and I handed them over our weapons taking our motorcycle. " Patch yourselves up, we're sorry" Sherry threw medical supplies at our feet. " You're gonna be" we watched as they drove away.

" What are we gonna do now?" he walked off. " Daryl" I groaned following him. We found a truck hiding in the bushes " I'll start it" breaking the console wire starting it. " Way to go sunshine" we smiled jumping in. " We got to find Abraham and Sasha and go back home" we drove for like 20 minutes or so to the place where we got separated. " They'll probably be in that building" we pulled up to it and they walked out with huge grins. " Need a ride back home to Alexandria" we hugged one another piling into the small truck. We drove down the road can't believing that we are back together again after what happened " Rick, do you copy anybody?" all we got was static like usual. " Wait, shut up" we heard a mumbling voice over the radio. " Say it again?" static. " Help" it went out. " It sounded like Eugene" Abraham panicked. " They're in trouble".