Paris

After the incident in New York, Grindelwald lay low for a while. He altered his appearance from the messy criminal to his usual, rather charming if you do say so yourself, refined attire.

On the account that he did just happen to pick you up in the tower that night, he spent some of his valuable time getting to know you. He told you all about his cause and his thoughts on the muggle world. What his ambitions were.

You listened intently.

You learned so much from him and such a short amount time and it wasn't long until his ideals, became your own.

It was the way he spoke that got you hooked.

He gave you an offer, one that seemed so far from anything that you heard about the dark wizard, but it made you feel rather happy that he gave you a choice.

He offered to take you back to New York once things had settled or you could join him and become part of the family.

You had given the offer a lot of thought, because let's face it you hadn't actually agreed to come to Paris with him and you had no idea what you were getting yourself into.

Yet, you choice to join him. You told him about what you thought of his ideals and how you felt about the situation between the magic and non magic folk.

Grindelwald smiled at your response.

His words had got to you. He was able to make you see what he saw, what he wanted.

His followers took care of the residents in a house he had chosen for his settlement, you had been at his side while they took care of that.

You knew he was dangerous and had killed many in the past, but seeing it up close was concerning yet daring.

They killed that couple without thought.

Then there was the child.

Gellert insisted you came out of the room with him while Vinda took care of the child.

It was at that moment you realised your situation.

It was evening, you were sat by the fire reading one of the muggle books that was sitting on a bookshelf in the living room. It's pages were worn and well used, showing one of the muggle enjoyed this book thoroughly.

The fire crackled in front of you and you could hear the voices and footsteps of the other followers going about their business in the house.

Grindelwald was stood by the window, his eyes focused out onto the street. He was often found close by wherever you were. You never questioned it. His company was welcome if anything.

You turned the page.

"Mr Grindelwald, sir?" One of Gellert's acolytes came in.

Grindelwald didn't say anything, but he was listening. You could tell as you glanced at him.

"I was wondering... when are we going to make our move?" He shuffled on the spot.

You bit your lip and peered at him.

"Has the boy received the letter?"

"Yes sir."

"I will tell you when we make our move." Gellert didn't turn round once.

The young wizard nodded once and left it at that.

"How will you know when he makes his move?" You asked softly, closing the book and turning in your chair to face Grindelwald.

"I have someone watching over him. I wish for you to stay here when I see him." Gellert turned to look at you over his shoulder.

"Alright." You dare not question him.

The platinum haired wizard came closer to you, his steps slow and silent. You watched as his crouched down beside your seat.

"I'm honoured you chose to stay. I wondered if you would leave the cause after witnessing what lengths we go to." His voice was deep and soothing.

You gave a little shake of your head, "I'm happy to stay. I want to help you in any way I can. Just say and I'll do it."

Gellert grinned a little.

"For now, I have no requests from you." His eyes were soft and his amusement was obvious within them. "Just make yourself at home and keep me company."

You smiled. "That would be an honour!"

He stood up and returned to the window, his hands clasped together behind his back and his eyes back to watching the muggle pass by.

You couldn't stop smiling.

Gellert could tell.