Dinner

The next day Grindelwald bright you breakfast so you could hide away a little longer in your room, as you felt quite embarrassed about how you reacted when you returned from London. He assured Queenie you were alright despite all her worries over you.

He told the rest of his followers who were present at the castle about his plan to lay low for some time, asking them to pass the message on and make sure everyone remained less obvious about the movement.

He spent some time in the company of Credence who had grown quite a lot with his magic. This was good news as he was Grindelwald's key to success.

You ate your breakfast and got dressed, having not bothered to change the day before, then picked up one of your muggle books. You got comfortable on the bed and began to read.

Every so often you heard footsteps outside of your door and you knew it had to be Queenie. It sounded as if she was hesitating on disturbing you or not.

On one of her hesitant moments on whether to knock or not, you were about to call out to her to let her know you were alright, but another voice spoke behind the door. It was him.

"Do not worry, Queenie. They are well, they wanted time to them self. Why don't you go set the dinner table and you can see them later."

Queenie didn't say anything so assumed she had just nodded her head. You heard her heels click against the floor as she walked away slowly.

A few beats of silence passed before the door opened and the dark wizard himself entered, closing the door behind him.

"You've been busy." He looked down at the book in your lap. You were perhaps 20 or so pages away from the end of the book.

"It's a good read, you should read it when I'm done." You smiled up at him.

"Perhaps I will. Now, I would be very much like it if you would join me for dinner. Enough hiding in your room." He teased.

"Since its you asking, that's the least I can do." You smiled softly in return, bookmarking your page and sitting upright.

"I didn't mean just now, Queenie is preparing the table and dinner isn't quite ready yet, you could finish your book." He stood with his hands clasped behind his back, a sly glint in his eye and somewhat friendly aura radiating from him.

"I could help. I have the need to be useful and earn my keep. Staying in here isn't very helpful." You placed the book on the bedside table and stood up, making your way over to his side by the door.

"I suppose an extra pair of hands in the kitchen will help." He chuckled slightly.

You cocked a brow in his direction as you skilfully pulled your wand from within your sleeve.

"Magic helps too." You chuckled.

Gellert smirked and opened the door, leading the way to the kitchen.

Relief washed over Queenie when she saw you enter the room.

"I was worried when you can off the other day, honey. I didn't see you at all yesterday." She still looked concerned, but you could tell by the sound of her voice how happy she was to see you.

"Everything is OK. Grindelwald and I had a chat and I feel much better."

Queenie glanced at Grindelwald and bit her lip shyly.

"I'm glad you came to join us. Dinner will be ready soon." She gave a cheerful smile.

"I came to help."