Aftermath

Credence was taken back to London with Dumbledore and friends after the battle. He was taught under Albus on his use of Magic and which spells he should be using, opposed to the curses he had acquired under Grindelwald. At Hogwarts he would be safe and sound. He could control his magic and make friends in a safe environment.

Credence would have a normal life.

Jacob and Queenie were permitted to marry and the law of muggle and wizard kind relationships was discussed and changed in America. Queenie was over the moon and couldn't apologise enough for joining Grindelwald. Jacob couldn't blame her. He had heard the things Grindelwald had said and knew if he was in her shoes he'd have done the same.

Queenie went on to help in the bakery and the pair of them moved into a cute little apartment where they could live happily and am of Queenie's dream could come true, even though she already had everything she wanted.

Tina and Newt married, the former moving to London with him to work in the ministry over there. Often she would help take care of his creatures, and the my would travel together to save more. Though the travelling cane to a stop when Tina became pregnant. Newt was the happiest man alive.

As we know Albus would be headmaster for many years. He would over see many events at the school and would risk his life for a young boy who's life would never be the same once he turned eleven.

Theseus eventually found someone he would live his life with with. Leta was always going to have a place in his heart, but he had to move on eventually. He and Newt became very close as brothers and made the effort to spend time with each other as much as possible. It felt good to have each other.

Grindelwald lived the rest of his life in that prison, but he was happy. As per Dumbledore's request he got to see you every single day. There wasn't a day that went by without a kiss and a cuddle. Dancing was a weekly activity that the two of you loved. He'd hum in your ear and you'd lose yourselves in the rhythm of your dance.

You made up stories to keep him entertained and he'd make up some of his own. Eventually he had requested that muggle books be brought to you. You had thanked him when the first one arrived and to see you so happy made his heart swell. You'd sit with him for hours reading to him.

Then came the roses. They brightened up the prison and soon Numengard was just home. With every new book came a different colour rose. Though non of the flowers compared to your smile each day.

An hour after Grindelwald's loss on the battlefield, many of the wizards who had fought for him had been taken in. Albus stayed with Gellert and you right until the end.

"Are you sure Y/N? I won't be able to do anything if you actually go through with this." Albus tried one last time to save one of his friends, but it was pointless.

"Albus, I won't let him rot away in a cell where I'll never see him again. Give me this, as my friend."

He couldn't refuse.

Gellert often thought about that day. The way you looked at Albus and told him how you felt. After everything that happened he knew he didn't deserve anything, but he still felt like a winner because at the end of the day he still had you.

The one thing Dumbledore couldn't take away.

"What do you think it's like out there?" You asked one day, looking out the window of the cell.

"Peaceful I'd presume. I'm not there to wreak havoc any more." He spoke light heartedly, but you knew he didn't care too much about it.

"You left quite an impression. You'd been feared for so long, everyone would have noticed what we'd done." You turned to him slowly.

"Perhaps. I'm certainly not going to be the last dark wizard to raise hell." He smirked.

He was right of course.

The day did come when Lord Voldemort, the dark Lord, rose to power. He seemed to kill a boy called Harry Potter who was the only one alive who could kill the dark wizard.

Dumbledore's death was probably the worst news you had ever received while in Numengard. You knew that it wasn't just your heart that broke upon the news. Gellert grew silent, but was alright because you were there.

Then the dark Lord came to you two. Grindelwald being the previous owner of the Elder wand was presumed to know it's location and Voldemort wanted to know.

You held Gellert's hand as he smirked up at the snake like man.

"It lies with him."

It wouldn't be until things calmed down a little bit after Voldemort's defeat that people would learn that he had killed Gellert and yourself after that piece of information.

There were those who were glad to know Grindelwald had been killed at the hands of another dark wizard, one far more powerful than he was. Then there were those were somewhat glad to hear he didn't die alone.

He was still a man at the end of the day, even if a dangerous one at that.

Aberforth was heartbroken to hear about your death. He remembered you fondly even after your choice, but he was glad that you weren't alone. He despised Gellert for what he did to his family, but he would thank if him, if possible, for being with you till your last day.

Newt and Tina kept you in their thoughts even though they didn't know you like the Dumbledore's did. It was the least they could do for their friend.

Queenie held a service in your honour. She wanted people to remember the brave witch she called her friend when times were dark. Jacob supported her and even made a pastry in your name. They would giggle of that, but Queenie liked that there was always a part of you with her that way.

Credence was thankful to you both, even if Grindelwald had lied to him and used him. You always had a special place in his heart because he could rely on you and talk to you.

Oh how Credence would miss you.

Grindelwald could be found in the prison with his hand in yours, laying side by side with you. Almost as someone had placed you both that way.

It's told he wasn't very happy in life. That's why he did all the things he did, but that was a lie.

Gellert Grindelwald was the happiest man in the world and he died as he lived. Beside you.

The end

I hope you enjoyed!!