Falling into place

Grindelwald declared war as Albus refused to stand down. Dumbledore had very few choices, but the ministry insisted on backing him up should war be the result. Of course, no one wanted that to be the outcome, but it was all they had.

They were saying how at this point the only way to stop the dark wizard was to end his life. He had escaped to many times to just be locked up again, but Albus was furious with that. He wasn't going to have his dear old friend killed. He couldn't do that and he certainly couldn't stand by and let someone else do that.

"That is put of the question!" He stated firmly, banging his fist against a table. It wasn't mentioned again after that, but he knew they still thought it was the only way.

No matter how plans they come up with, he always considered how you would come out of this.

Those who said Grindelwald should be executed also said you should join him. You were his confident, his ally, his aid.

"Would you have us kill all of his followers then?" Albus asked, staring at each and every one of them. "A lot of lives ended for believing his words. There is no crime in listening to him and believing him. The crime lies within how far they would go for him."

"Arrests will be made." The minister declared.

"Y/N will come with me when it's all over. No one harms them in any way, do you understand?"

"Albus..."

"Do you understand?"

"Yes."

You hadn't hurt anyone. No one had died by your hand. Killing you would be a crime.

Their focus should be on Grindelwald.

"I know one place he won't escape from. Especially if I am the one to put him there." Albus announced.

"Where is such a place?"

"Numengard prison."

"Numengard?"

"Yes. It's where he keeps those he seeks information from. It's his own prison. I will not have him killed." Albus looked at the minister solemnly.

"Is that wise?" The minister asked uncertain.

"I'm not giving you a choice."

"So, you shall fight with us when the time comes? You will be the one to bring him down from power?"

Albus' gaze lowered slowly to his desk where a broken vial lay. The blood pact was now broken and Albus knew that left him open to Gellert's attacks should he fight him.

"Yes."

The minister was satisfied with that answer and gathered his aurors to prepare to make their leave. He turned to Albus once more before he left.

"Let us know when he writes back. War will begin."

They left Dumbledore alone with his friends and brother. Silence filled the air.

"Mr. Dumbledore, are you really going to fight him?" Tina stepped forwards, fear crossed her eyes as she wondered how much damage would be caused by a wizard war.

"I have no choice. I have to talk to him."

"What about Queenie? We'll bring her back won't we?" Jacob asked. He knew he had very few skills to help with a wizard war, but he wanted to be there when they got her back.

"Queenie, Y/N and Credence will be brought back to us. My intentions are only for Grindelwald to be controlled. Those who follow him will be safe." Though he sounded confident when he spoke those words, Albus was sure deep down something was going to go horribly wrong.

Newt and Tina share a nervous glance. Worry was set in their hearts.

Jacob just wanted Queenie back safe and sound.

Each day that went by was like a nightmare. Nights were long, days even longer. Newt, Tina, Jacob, Nagini, Theseus and Albus met up every single day to build their own plans from the ministry.

If the ministry took over, Albus was concerned about the fatality rate.

No one heard from Grindelwald for months, then out of the blue an owl arrived. It was your owl. Albus recognised it immediately.

He welcomed it with a smile and took the letter it brought. The owl gave a hoot and flew over to a perch as it waited for Albus to read.

Everyone gathered around the desk as Albus read the letter to himself first. They waited with baited breath as they watched his eyes scan every word and let the information settle in.

He lowered the letter and took a deep breath before looking up at his friends. The letter wasn't very long, so they assumed he had read it over at least twice before he decided to tell them what it said.

They waited.

He finally found his courage to repeat what he read.

"It's from Grindelwald. He has his army ready. They've been training for months apparently. They will be fighting for what they believe is their rights to show themselves to muggle kind and live among them."

"And?" Newt was waiting for the punch line.

Albus pushed the letter towards him, but Theseus was the one to pick it up. He read it over, making everyone wait like they did for Albus, and he sighed as he lowered it to the desk again.

"He declared war. He's waiting." Theseus said, his heart heavy in his chest.

"He's waiting?" Tina was shocked. Grindelwald was ready and now it depending on them.

"What are we going to do?" Nagini spoke up.

Albus stood up and out his back to them, his mind was facing with thoughts and his heart was beating too fast for his liking. He didn't want this! What choice did he have?

He took a deep breath and gathered himself.

"We're going to war."