Missed opportunity

Albus apperated in the shadow of the woods right beside the stadium. Judging by the crowds he could see the game was over. Dread filled his chest at the thought of not being to catch you in time. He was sure Grindelwald wouldn't have you staying the night here.

The wizard tried his best to blend in as he searched the grounds for you or Gellert, but no one here was any one he knew.

The stadium was as good as empty now, so there was no point in checking in there.

He stopped moving and took a moment to take in his surroundings.

If the all the singing and celebrating was anything to go by, the game wasn't long over, so you and Gellert could still be here. He had to hold onto that hope. He had to warn you of Grindelwald.

You were being lied to and Albus wouldn't let that happen. Not to you.

As looked around once more his heart stopped in his chest.

Aberforth.

His brother.

He stood there suddenly feeling nervous as his brother looked back at him. It had been many years since he had seen his brother and so many thoughts rushed through his head.

This is not he he expected to see him again.

Albus swallowed his nerves and took a step forward, but Aberforth took a step back.

He obviously didn't want to talk to him, but Albus had questions about the merchant who was supposed to be here with Aberforth and if he had seen you.

"Aberforth wait!" Albus began to pick up his pace as his brother tried to put distance between them. "Please!"

Aberforth was quick on his feet, but there was only so far he could with all the parties going on around him. It was still early and people were all over the place, giving very little leeway.

"Aberforth, please, wait! This is important."

Hearing the desperation in Albus' voice, he stopped.

"What is it?" A part of him wanted to get away as fast as he could. This was the first conversation they would have had in years.

"Was Y/N here?"

Aberforth faced his brother sharply.

"Yes. Why?"

On any other day Albus would have tried to talk to him about something casual, trying to fix their broken bond. Instead, the first thing he says is your name and going by the look on his face, this was very important to him.

"Were they with anyone?"

"They were alone." Aberforth stepped forwards. "Why are you here?"

"Grindelwald."

Aberforth clenched his fists and glared at his brother. "What about him?"

"He has Y/N. He's lying to them and using them to get to me. He brought them here so they would meet you. I think he wants them to be your friend to get to me." Albus looked helpless in this moment. "I need to find them. To help them."

"I didn't see him. We barely talked anyway."

"Please, Aberforth. Help me."

"Grindelwald is your problem, Albus."

"He's everyone's problem. He's trying to take over the muggle world."

"What do you want from me?" Aberforth's heart was breaking at the sight of his brother. You were their friend and if what he said was true, you were in trouble. After all this time, you had met up with him under the influence of Grindelwald.

"Help me."

"How?"

"Let's start with the person you were to meet tonight."

"How do you-?"

"Never mind that. You were here to meet someone weren't you?"

"Originally, then the merchant cancelled, but I still had the ticket that was sent to me." Aberforth explained. "Why do you ask?"

"I believe it was Grindelwald who set that up. He needed you to come."

"What am I supposed to do, Albus?"

"If Y/N gets into contact with you, tell me. I need to find out where they are."

"Alright. They aren't here any more, that would be too easy." Aberforth explained.

"Gellert wouldn't want to stay here in case I did show up. I don't know where they're hiding, but I'll find them." Albus began to take a few steps away from his brother. "How are you, by the way?"

"I'm well. How are you?" Aberforth tried to make it sound like a normal conversation.

"I'll be better soon. Once I know Y/N is safe."

Aberforth nodded and watch Albus leave without saying goodbye.

Both of them wanted to forget that tonight had happened. Albus had missed his opportunity to find you tonight, and Aberforth felt used.

However, they both preyed that you were safe.