Secrets

The next few years were hard, but you got though it. Albus and Gellert wrote to each other constantly about what was going to happen.

Albus tried every time to get His old friend to stand down, but it was all a waste of time. You understood he didn't want to fight Gellert, but there wasn't a choice. This was why they were going to fight, because Dumbledore was standing in his way.

Grindelwald taught everyone every spell he knew. He shared as much as information as possible with each one of you. He wanted you all to be as prepared as you all possibly could.

The letters didn't stop and you would often walk in on your husband burning many of them.

The moment you walked in however, his focus was on you. He'd always greet you with a smile and a kiss every time.

You'd never read any of the letters.

Not until today, anyway.

The owl came, dropped off the letter on Gellert's desk and then flew off again. He would pick it up, read it and then prepare to destroy it one way or another.

He would then focus on his own letter. He always relied to Albus no matter what was being said in them. The letter would then be sent off straight away once he was happy with it, but today he was interrupted, leaving his letter incomplete and left out for anyone to see.

You didn't do it intentionally and you trusted your husband more than anyone in the world. Trust was very important in a relationship and you believed he trusted you too. Be had told you as such.

You forgot a very long time ago that Grindelwald was a very clever man in the sense of being persuasive and manipulative. Your mind had long since grown accustomed to his ways and you wholeheartedly believed in every word he said.

Imagine how heart breaking it felt when you read his letter to Albus.

She will never believe you when you tell her how much I lied to her and used her. She's my wife now and trust is the sole base of our relationship, Albus. You missed your chance to be by my side and I found someone else.

Does Aberforth know he too had been used for information? I'm sure he believed you became you're brothers and friends again.

Y/N is no longer your friend, therefore anything you say will be deemed a lie.

We will fight in following year and know this, she will be by my side when we do. You can't save everyone.

You stared at the letter for quite some time, but your thoughts snapped back to reality when you heard someone approaching. You knew it was your husband returning to his office and you knew you wouldn't be able to run and hide without him knowing.

You had to face the facts.

You had been used.

Lied to.

Everything you thought was true and honest was a false charade that you fell for. Of course Grindelwald didn't love you. Of course this was one big set up to keep you by his side. He married you because that made you harder to win over when Albus would see you again.

Your heart ached. It was crying out from how broken it felt. You felt the feeling in your legs go as you fell to the ground just as he entered.

He knelt down beside you quickly, confused as to what you were doing on the floor. You were sure he was speaking, but your mind was hazy and you couldn't quite hear him. Gellert helped up you up onto your feet and let you sit in his chair.

"You lied to me."

"What are you talking about?" You could hear him now. You had control of your senses again.

"You lied to me." You repeated. "You used me."

"Y/N."

Gellert's eyes darted to the letter on his desk and he felt like a fool. The one good thing be had was doubting him and he knew he bad a lot to explain.

"You used me to get to them, just like Albus said when I visited him. Aberforth was used too. You manipulated me to get to them." You couldn't look at him.

"Y/N, listen to me." He tried to get you to look at him, button refused.

"No, this letter is to Albus. You write these in private where I don't see them. I saw this by accident, Grindelwald." There were tears forming in your eyes. "This is you being honest and cruel, just like you're supposed to be. How very criminal of you."

You stood up and pushed him out of the way as you tried to leave, but he waved his hand a closed the door shut.

"Listen to me." He demanded from behind you.

Your choices were slim, so you turned around and worked up the courage to look him in the eye.

"You lied. I thought you were being honest with me. You were so different behind closed doors that I felt special. I thought I was seeing a side to you no one else got to see, but I was falling for your tricks. How could you play me like that?"

"Let me explain everything."

"Explain what? I can see it all pretty clearly." The tears were falling fast. "I gave you my life and you ruined it. I should have listened to Albus back then. I'm not a thing to be played with."

"I didn't say you were." He came closer to you with quick steps and tried to reach out to you, but you were avoiding him as much as possible. "Just listen to me!"

You glared daggers at him as you raised your hand and gave him a firm smack across the face.

"YOU USED ME AND I CANT BELIEVE I FELL FOR YOUR SILVER TONGUE." You screamed out. "Let. Me. Out."

The door opened behind you and you can off trying to control your emotions.

Gellert remained in his spot, looking at the ground and letting the cheek you smacked throb in pain. He deserved that. He deserved your anger and your tears.

"What have I done?"

Queenie had heard the yelling and had come to check on the dark wizard. He silently waved her off and she awkwardly backed out of the room, leaving him to his thoughts.

He grabbed the letter and scrunched up in his palm.

He married you because he was in love with you.

He had stopped using you a long time ago.

You had not been manipulated in years.

Everything that had happened these past few years had been of your own accord, your own free will.

Life had never felt better from the day he married you and each year that passed was a blessing. He truly felt lucky to have you and he thrown it all away because of a letter.

"I'm sorry, my love."

He would explain it to you. He would.