Pick up

Three days had passed since you were supposed to return to Gellert. You were worried and fearful of what his reaction must have been like when you hadn't returned. He trusted you to meet with his old alley and return, this had betrayal all over it.

Albus seemed not at all concerned for the consequences of keeping you here. By that it was against your will, he had just temporary convinced you not to go back.

You were staying within the school where he could watch over you, waiting for one of Grindelwald's followers to show.

"You must stop worrying. I am not afraid of his followers." Albus said, the two of you alone in his class.

"It's not his followers I'm afraid of, either. He's a dark and powerful wizard and I've basically betrayed him by not going back. Who knows what he'll do?"

"Calm yourself." Albus was soft spoken and calm.

"Easy for you to say." You mumbled.

You ran your hands through your hair in worry. Everything was too calm and quiet for Gellert to not have reacted. Perhaps he's still expecting you to return.

You cast your eyes to the window and gasped as the sight of a figure standing on the bridge to the school.

"Someone's here."

Albus joined you at the window to take s peak, as soon as he saw the figure he hurried to the door.

"You wait here."

He left.

You sat had him disappear before turning back to the bridge. The figure was standing still, right in the middle of it. He didn't look armed, and there was no one else insight. From this distance you couldn't work out their identity.

Moments later Albus appeared on the bridge. You watched his figure approach the other person.

The pair of them seemed to be talking.

"Did he send you?" Albus asked the stranger.

"Yes."

"You're here for Y/N?"

"Yes."

It all glanced behind the professor to the school. He wouldn't dare enter.

"They aren't going back. Grindelwald can't hold them against their will. They are under my protection as their friend." Albus stood with his hands in his pockets.

"They stayed with him of their own choice. He gave them the option to leave. He offered to take them home, yet they decided to stay. Have you actually asked Y/N what their views are on the movement?"

"I haven't."

"Perhaps you should."

It all opened his palm, his wand dropping from his sleeve and into the clutch of his fingers.

Albus did not react.

"Stop! Don't hurt him!" You ran across the bridge to where the two men stood. "I'm not betraying Grindelwald, I just... wanted to see what he'd do."

Albus removed his hands from his pockets and stared at you disheartened.

"You don't have to go back to him."

"I do. I'm sorry Albus, but I think Grindelwald is right. I'm tired of hiding. Tired of pretending we don't exist." You put some distance between you and Albus. "Take me home, Krall."

"You know if you do this we will be considered enemies. I will have to fight against you if I must." Dumbledore's voice was laced with sorrow. "I don't want to lose any more people."

"You already have." You muttered sadly.

Krall walked with you away from the school and Albus way he'd you aparate in the distance.

The professor was finding it very hard to contain his emotions. He was certain Gellert was using you. For what, he did not not. Perhaps to close the distance between them.

Albus pulled the vial from his pocket and looked at it. He truly was the reason Grindelwald couldn't make his move yet.

He didn't want to have to fight you, but it seemed right now he didn't have a choice.

Dumbledore returned to the school and called for his friends. It was time to make a plan.