Feelings bleed

Ten years had passed and the wizarding world was still making a huge fuss. You supposed that just because Gellert Grindelwald bad gone silent for years didn't mean that ease could fall over the world. If anything it was incredibly likely it just made wizard kind all the more uneasy. Even you would think that he had spent all this time planning something, any sane person would grow suspicious of his lack of appearance since Paris.

Despite all whispers on the street your approach to Hogwarts was very smooth and easy. Either no one really noticed you at the rally all those years ago, or someone was keeping a good word about you. Your mind instantly went to Dumbledore, perhaps he'd said something. No one really paid attention to you as you walked by, so your mind went back to the first option.

When you reached the doors of the castle you were approached by a young man in a long coat and hat. It was clear to you that he worked for the ministry.

"Are you Y/N L/N?" He asked, cutting off your route.

"I am. I wish to speak to Albus."

"He said you might come back. You or... You know." He looked awkward as he shuffled on the spot, finding it quite hard to look you in the eye.

"Take me to him."

The man nodded and led you through the halls of the school. You ignored all the students who looked at you either in recognition or confusion. Their whispers filled the air as you walked out of their sight.

You were led up several staircases and hallways until you reached the astronomy tower.

"He's waiting for you."

The man wasted no time in leaving in a hurry. You followed with your eyes before walking the rest of the way alone.

"Albus."

The wizard in question was facing away from you overlooking the huge lake below the school. His hands were clasped behind his back, but his body straightened upon the sound of your voice.

"Y/N."

"It's been a while."

"It has."

"How have you been?"

"Concerned. I haven't heard anything of your well being since the last time I saw you. I feared I'd one day hear about your death." He finally turned around to face you, his eyes were big and sad and the frown looked like it didn't belong there, yet like it had been there a long time.

"He won't kill me." You looked him in the eye. "I've done nothing but help him, I'm his ally."

"He's brainwashed you. Almost ten years have passed Since I last saw you. I can't imagine what lies he's been feeding you, but I will save you."

"I don't need saving." You spat. "I didn't come all this way to talk about that. Grindelwald has a message for you."

"Message?"

You stepped closer to him and faced him square on.

"Yes. You should have stayed by his side when you had the chance, Albus. Think of all the power you would have. You're fighting a losing battle." You said the last bit slowly.

"If I had stayed by his side I would have lost my family."

"You lost them anyway."

"That's not fair, Y/N." He glared at you, but you could see the tears clear as day in his eyes.

"It's the truth."

"He's not lost everyone." A third voice joined in on the conversation. Turning to where it came from your eyes met the other Dumbledore.

"Aberforth." You acknowledged.

"What happened to you?" Albus brought your attention back to him.

You dodged his question and nodded towards his brother, "since when are you two friends?"

"Y/N..." Albus sighed.

"I've always been this way." You looked him back in the eye.

"No, you know that's not true. Tell me what he did to you. We can help." His voice was softer now. He made to reach for your hand, but you saw it in the corner of your eye and stepped away.

"You can't help me. That's not how feelings work."

The house was always filled with roses. Gellert insisted on it because you liked tending to them. He liked watching you handle the flowers and care for them. He knew you had a gentle soul, but you were also ready to fight for him. That in itself was a beautiful image to the dark wizard.

"What are you talking about?"

You looked away from Albus and shifted not gaze to the lake like he had done when you arrived. You were debating on if you should tell him everything.

"Y/N?"

"I've fallen in love with him." You admitted. "He loves me too. A lot can happen in ten years, we fell in love." Your voice was soft and just about audible.

"That's a lie. He's using your feelings for him to his advantage."

"Not true, Albus." Your gaze snapped back yo him in anger.

"I've been in that position. I fell for his lies. I loved him too. I... still do." Albus looked at you with so much pity you felt sick.

"I'm not you Albus."

He made you dinner once a day every other week. He's spend hours talking to you and requesting his acolytes to leave him in peace. His kisses were passionate and full of meaning. His embrace was secure and warm.

His feelings were real.

"If you stay with him, he will ruin everything you ever were. He will take the Y/N we all know and love and destroy you." Albus felt a year fall. The concern in his voice was real.

"I love him." You muttered.

"I know, and he knows that too. He uses those feelings to keep you close to him."

"You're lying."

"I'm really not." He sounded desperate.

You stepped away even further and turned to walk away. Unfortunately your path was closed off by Newt who was looking at you with his puppy dog eyes.

"Newt..."

"Y/N... please."

"I'm sorry Newt. If you're all insistent on this, then just know a war is coming. Blood will be spilt."

"Don't go." Albus tried once more.

You didn't listen.

You lay in bed, Gellert lay beside you. His shirt was only buttoned up half way and his hair was a mess. There was a spark in his eye as be looked at your sleeping form.

He had fallen in love with you and Albus would never be able to touch you. Nothing he said would ever gaze you because your belief lay with him.

Gellert was there when you returned to him. He opened his arms to you and you hurried to him. He pulled you close to his chest and held you. He didn't need to you talk to know how it went. He could sense it.

"Don't worry, my love. All will be well I'm the end."

And you believed him.