Lingering feeling

Exhausted from the Quidditch match you bid Gellert a good night and left for your room. Bed was the only thing on your mind at that moment and you welcomed sleep.

Grindelwald returned to his own room, shedding himself from his thick coat and placing his wand in its box, hiding it away.

He stood be the window and gazed out at the view under the night sky.

After what happened in Paris, he was sure that Scamander would return to Dumbledore to update him on the events that took place. Albus would in no doubt take the next move in this complicated game.

He wouldn't put it past the wizard to go looking for you, which was why he was happy the meeting with Aberforth went quickly.

A knock sounded at the door behind him and he looked over his shoulder as he called, "come in."

The door opened and Vinda entered with a man behind her. No words needed to be spoken as she left the man there with the dark wizard.

"Did he show?" The man asked.

"He did. Your work is no longer needed. You have joined a noble cause." Gellert waved his hand subtly in his direction. A small pouch appeared in the man's hand. "Payment is due."

The man thanked Gellert and left.

Despite the merchant not showing up, Aberforth went anyway. That was a smooth operation.

Next step, have you meet with Albus again. He had a good feeling things would work out in your favour anyway.

He turned in for the next.

When morning came, you had made breakfast for him a couple others.

Gellert was quite surprised to walk in see the table all set up. He sat down and watched you pour juice for everyone.

Credence came in and took a seat next to Gellert.

Vinda sat at the other end and Abernarthy came to sit on the other side of Grindelwald, but the wizard gave him a slight glare, so Abernathy took the seat next to that one.

Queenie came in and sat on the other side of Credence, placing a bowl of fruit on the table as she did so.

Finally you came in and took the seat next to Gellert without thinking about it too much.

"Good morning everyone." You smiled at them.

Queenie, Credence and Abernathy all greeted at the same time. Vinda just gave a slight grin and a box of her head, not really interested in conversation.

Gellert smiled at you. "Good morning, Y/N. How did you sleep?"

"Really good. All that excitement wore me out." You chuckled.

"Not too tired to go out again, I hope?"

"Where would I be going today?" You looked at him curiously, your breakfast the last thing on your mind.

"London."

"Again? It wasn't too long ago I was there last."

Queenie looked a little nervous, Grindelwald and Credence seemed to be the only ones to notice.

"You don't have to go. I thought perhaps you'd like to visit home for a while." He began to eat.

"I suppose.... what about the movement? Shouldn't we be collecting the Deathly Hallows?"

"Leave that to me and Vinda. We have our own trip to make." He met eyes with Rosier across the table who looked at you and the back at him.

"Alright. I suppose I could go."

A part of Queenie really wanted to go with you, but she knew it would only cause problems if she went. She was certain Tina would be with Newt, who would be in London is he went to this Dumbledore.

She excused herself from the table after eating.

Credence followed after her, concerned.

You finished your own breakfast and went to change into something more suitable for a day out in London.

"Is this wise?" Rosier spoke her thoughts.

"Do you want us to succeed?"

"Of course."

"Then yes, this is wise. It's rather a bold move, but I have confidence in them. As long as they remain ignorant to us using them."

"Why don't we just go to Albus and end him now if he's such a threat?" Abernathy asked, nervous from the look his boss was giving him.

"First, he's hiding away in a school. Second, having him come to us means a lot less blood spilled. Third, we have Y/N. We can use them to a leverage." He smirked.

"Do you think they will remain loyal when they finds out we're using them?" Vinda caught his attention again.

"They won't find out."

"How can you be sure?"

"We will be cautious of what we say and do. As far as they are aware, they're just meeting old friends." He sounded so confident.

"I have faith you know what you're doing." Vinda stood up and made her leave.

Gellert looked to Abernathy to see if he had more to say. He said nothing and excused himself, leaving the wizard alone at the table.

Grindelwald sat back in his chair and sighed through his nose, his eyes squinting subtly at nothing in particular as his fingers tapped lightly on the wooden table.

You were his key to luring Albus to him in person, but the thought of using you made his heart twinge. He couldn't figure out why and it was beginning to bother him.

You ended up here by accident, he shouldn't be so attached to you.

If that really was the case, then why did the thought of you meeting Albus again bother him slightly.

"Don't become attached." He muttered to himself. "It was hard enough the first time."

Movement in the corner of his eye caught his attention. You had just walked into the room, your coat in your arms.

"I'll head off then. Good luck with whatever you and Vinda are working on."

Gellert stood from the table and walked over to you. He took the coat from your arm and opened it up behind you. "Enjoy yourself, I'll have a real job for you soon."

You slipped your arms into the coat and turned to face him, smiling up at him.

"I'll try. Maybe I bring something back so you have something to look forward to you when you're done." There you were smiling at him again.

"No need to do such, but the thought is welcome all the same." He returned for smile.

You fastened the buttons on your coat and made your leave.

His eyes lingered on you even after you had left.

Despite who he was, you were being so sweet with him. He couldn't understand why.

Then that twinge in his heart came back.