Fairy tale wedding

You woke up to Queenie knocking on the door. You're not sure just how much sleep you got last night, but you're certain it wasn't a lot.

Despite that, you felt on top of the world.

You let your friend in and she begins to rush around the room. She brought in all the things she seemed to think you'd need. Shoes, accessories, make up.

"Let's get you done up!" She smiled sweetly.

Queenie helped you with your hair and make up, painted/tidied up your nails and helped you get into your dress/suit. The pair of you talked the entire time as you let Queenie help you. You weren't sure who was more excited about the day, you or her.

You stood in front of the mirror and ran your hands along the fabric of your dress/suit, it felt rich and it was far fancier than anything you had worn before.

"You look wonderful!" Queenie gasped, admiring the way it looked on you.

"I love it."

"I hear he picked it out himself." She came over to your side and added a few finishing touches in the form of accessories. "He's planned pretty much everything."

"I trust him." You chuckled.

Queenie gave a smile, but she didn't say anything.

The blonde used her wand to change her outfit and grabbed her flowers. Her hair already done.

A knock came at the door and she went to answer it, Abernathy was here to tell you both everyone was ready. Queenie nodded and closed the door as she turned back to you. She did a final check over before she was satisfied with the way you looked.

"Let's go."

Up on the hill an arch of flowers had been set up, most likely with magic, with flowers of almost every colour. A long purple carpet led from the house up to the arch, it was lined with pots of flowers, different from the ones on the arch.

Many of Grindelwald's acolytes were present, most being those you became friends with while living in the house.

This isn't quite how you ever imagined your wedding day to be, but it was beyond perfect considering the circumstances. If your parents were already unhappy with you running off to follow a dark wizard, then not being invited to your wedding, which they didn't know about, would probably kill them.

Not much you could do about that now.

Credence was waiting by the door for you both, he was going to walk out with Queenie. They smiled at each other when you and Queenie approached him. Then he turned to you and gave you a heartwarming smile.

"You look amazing!"

"Thank you, Credence." You weren't sure you could smile any wider than you already were.

Credence and Queenie went on ahead. Queenie with her bright smile and gorgeous pink dress, and Credence who had dressed up nicely for such a big day. You felt honoured to have them with you.

Then it was your turn.

Grindelwald was stood under the arch with an acolyte of his who said he was able to officiate the ceremony. He was smiling. His hands clasped together and he stood straight, his chin up, eyes waiting for you.

No matter the situation he radiated power.

You reached the arch and took his hand as you stood side by side.

"Don't you look beautiful." His eyes trailed up and down your form taking in how you looked in the gown/suit he had chosen for you.

"I feel it. Thank you, Gellert. I love it." You couldn't take your eyes off of him.

"I love you more."

You could feel the blush taking over and, with great difficulty, pried your eyes away from him as the ceremony began. His eyes lingered, you could feel them on you.

He smirked when he saw your grin.

Then the wedding began.

It went without a hitch.

Vows were exchanged. Rings were shared. A kiss sealed the deal. Confetti filled the air as everyone who witnessed the wedding cheered in glee. It was perfect.

For once, everything felt normal.

Gellert led you back towards the house where festivities could begin and for tonight everyone could enjoy themselves without worrying about a potential war happening.

Everyone knew one was on its way.

Music played loudly throughout the house, food was being passed around and many had gathered to watch Gellert dance with his partner.

For a while it felt like it was just the two of you.

"Today has been truly magical." You sighed constantly, maintaining eye contact with your husband as he led you around the space provided for dancing.

"That saying loses some meaning amongst us, doesn't it?" He chuckled.

"Oh! You know what I mean!" You smiled. "I never really thought that the person I would spend my life with would be you. I was very lucky to be standing in the tower that night. I wouldn't be here otherwise. I ran off with a criminal and look where that got me!"

"Am I not the lucky one?" There was a glint in his eye. "To have you by my side, wedded or not, had been a true blessing on my soul."

"You really think so?"

"Oh, I know it, my love." His smile was contagious.

"What happens next?"

"We continue with the movement. Our work is far from done, but I now must take out the one threat in our way."

"Albus." Just saying his name brought you sorrow.

"It must be done." Gellert whispered.

"I know. It will be. He can't stop you now, you have everything you need."

"Except him."

The song ended and so did the dance, others began to file in around you both as you remaining looking at one another. As the next song played, the others joined in on the dancing.

"I love you." You whispered in his ear.

"Not as much as I love you."

Meanwhile at Hogwarts, Albus had just received a letter from an owl unrecognised by anyone at he castle. The seal on the back already told him who it was from and he felt his heart race.

It was a letter from Gellert.

He was taunting Albus about being on possession of all three Deathly Hallows and that he was ready for war. He stated how he would not let their past stop him from achieving his goal and if he had to kill Albus to do it, then so be it.

It was the last line of the letter that affected Albus the most. It was an apology. An apology that Albus had not been invited to the wedding.

Albus already felt like he was losing.