Quidditch

The next day you had packed everything you may need for the Quidditch match. You picked up the case you were using and made your way downstairs. A small gathering was happening by the door.

"I trust you all to remain here until we return." Gellert spoke with slight demand in his voice.

You neared the group and stood beside the dark wizard, whose gaze had been on you since you entered the room.

"Ready?"

"Yes."

He offered you his arm, which you laced your around, and before you knew it he had disappeared out of the house.

I'm front of you of you was large field. Cheers and laughter could be heard from over the hill. Music mixed in with the voices just about reached your ears.

"Why are we here?" You decided to finally ask the question which had been on your mind all day.

"All in good time." He placed his hand on your lower back and guided you up the gentle slope. All the noise got louder as you reached the top of the hill, and soon you could see the stadium.

The crowds were thick and noisy, but you filled up with excitement just at the sight of it all.

Gellert and yourself made your way over to the stadium. The wizard guided you up to your seats, all the while looking around subtly. His eyes darting from each person you both passed, not that you noticed much.

Your mind was purely on the Quidditch match. You had pretty much forgotten that he had brought you for a reason.

The match began and the stadium filled with a thunderous tour as fans of either team shot up to cheer.

Being far more focused on the players whizzing around in the air, you didn't notice Gellert gazing over the stands. He was searching for someone.

Someone he knew would take the bait and come here tonight.

He saw the man in question and smirked.

He would wait until the match was over and have you both casually approach the target, that you had no idea about, but he considered this essential in getting to Dumbledore.

It was all for the greater good.

Your cheering brought his attention back to you and made him smile as your turned to meet his gaze. You were quite invested in the match it seemed.

Gellert wasn't all that focused on the game the entire match, his indication of how it was going was by your reactions to the scores.

His eyes kept on wandering to his goal.

With the match winning in your favour, the pair of you made your way out of the stands. Gellert kept a hand on your arm, you thinking it was so he didn't lose you in the crowd, and not him guiding you along a certain path.

With all the people pushing past one another to get back to their tents, it became rather difficult to keep up with Grindelwald. His long legs allowed him to take wider steps and his grip on your arm was rather loose, so losing him became rather easy.

You felt it best to walk on and meet up with him when things calmed down, but you bumped into the back of someone and lost your footing.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" You apologised. You looked up to see the person you had walked into and your had dropped with shock.

"Don't worry about it." Came the voice of Aberforth who you hadn't seen in the longest of time. "Y/N?" He looked just the same as you in that moment.

"I didn't know you were here. Its good to see you, how have you been?" Your heart melted knowing you had lost all contact with such a dear friend to you.

"I've been... alright. How are you? What are you doing these days?"

Aberforth seemed a little lost, but his mind was at ease as he talked to you. The ticket for the match came to him a little unexpectedly, but he was happy enough to come here. Now he was glad he did, you were here.

"Oh, um." You couldn't tell him you were following Grindelwald, that wouldn't go down well with anyone. "Travelling at the moment. Seeing the world and all that." You smiled, hoping you sounded convincing enough.

"You always did enjoy exploring." Aberforth gave you a small smile, you were sure it had been a long time since he last smiled properly. That made your heart ache for the man.

"Yeah. What about you? I haven't seen in so long, I wasn't sure where you lived any more."

"I've been around. Keeping to myself."

"Right. Its so good to see you." You smiled. "It really is."

"It's good to see you too. Do you... still talk to him? My brother, I mean."

"Not often, but yeah." It hurt to talk about Albus to him knowing they don't talk any more. The Dumbledore family always seem to suffer.

"Is he... well?"

"As well as he can be."

"Good. I should get going, perhaps I'll you again?"

"I would like that."

Gellert would like that too. Get closer to Aberforth and keep you in the dark of his plan, he could lure Albus to him.

"Bye, Y/N." Aberforth gave you a small kiss to the cheek. It was something he used to do years ago.

"Bye, Aberforth." You waved him off.

Just as Aberforth left, Gellert came into view in the corner of your eye. You turned around and hurried over to him.

"I lost you in the crowd." You felt relief to be at his side again.

"Apologies, as we neared the exit of the stadium everyone seemed in a rush to get back to their camps. I accidentally let go and lost sight of you. I hoped you'd be waiting for me out here." He sounded so convincing to you, you were non the wiser to his set up. "Shall we go?"

Thinking it best not to mention Aberforth, you took Gellert's arm and let him take you back to the house.

It had been an eventful night and you wanted to go home and rest.

Gellert wanted to get back and work on the next step while you slept.