Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore was someone you had heard of. Not just from Grindwald, but from Aberforth, Albus' brother. You were friends with Aberforth for a short period of time back when you lived in London for a while.

You eventually lost contact with him after your move to America.

You don't recall ever actually meeting Albus, but you knew he was meant for greatness. He excelled at many things and was often the talk of the town.

It was Grindelwald who told you that Dumbledore taught at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

A school you had also heard lots about. You did attend it at one point in your life.

You mentioned all of this to Grindelwald when he was telling you about his old friend. That was where he received an idea.

He hasn't really given you an assignment for the cause yet, and what better time than the present to do so.

"I have a proposition for you." He held his head up high as he looked at his shorter form in front of him. 

"What is it?"

"Go to London, seek out Aberforth and Albus. Befriend him."

"That's quite a task!" You stated in shock. You weren't expecting this at all.

"Too much for you to handle?"

"Not at all! When do I leave?" You were of it to receive such an important task.

"Tonight."

"What do I do once I befriend him?"

"Gain his trust. We can learn from him." Gellert took a step so he was standing closer to you. His eyes were basically peering in to your soul, or so it felt like it. "I trust you to do this."

"I won't let you down."

You took a step back and made way to leave, but stopped yourself at the door. You turned around to look back at the wizard and you smiled. "Thank you for the roses. This house feels more like a home now." You left right after.

Gellert watched you go.

Your compliment was kind and sweet. Something Gellert didn't receive much of in his life.

He's known you a number of days and you were already making an impact on him. Heck, he was giving you assignments now too.

You packed a small suitcase with necessities and followed a fellow follower out to where you would be dropped off to get on a boat.

Gellert didn't see you off, but then again this was a mission not a holiday.

When you arrived in London, you made your journey all the way to Hogwarts. You had sent a letter to the school hoping it would get to Dumbledore, letting him know of your visit.

Surprisingly when you got there, the man in question had been waiting for you. He lead you inside after a short greeting, and led you up to his class room.

"It's been a while. Have you been well?" Albus asked as he made you something to drink.

"Yes, have you?"

"I'm wonderful." Was his reply. You don't remember him sounding as cheerful about himself before.

"So, you're a professor now? That's amazing. I guess a part of me always saw you as the teaching type." You sipped your drink.

"Really? Can't say I don't enjoy it." He smiled. "What beings you to here? Last I heard you were setting sail for America."

"Just visiting. It's one of my top cities to see. I also wanted to meet up with old friends. Is... Aberforth still in London?" You were cautious about asking about his brother. Last you heard, they didn't get on so well any more.

"I think so. I don't talk to him..." He dropped his gaze.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to being any bad memories up." You spoke softly. "I'll look him up. Would be nice to see him again, not that it isn't nice to see you too, Albus."

"Where are you staying?"

"I don't know yet. I didn't plan much of my trip." You chuckled. "Just really fancied coming back here for a bit."

"I'll set you up somewhere. We should get together and chat while you're here." Albus smiled pleasantly.

"That would be nice, thank you."

Albus saw you out when you were done and set you up with a place to stay. He promised to visit tomorrow so you could catch up.

It had been years since you last saw him, after all.

When you left, Albus returned to his office and leaned against his desk.

He couldn't help but wonder why you were really here. All this time had passed and you hadn't visited. Now all of a sudden you were here.

"What are you after?" He asked no one.

Grindelwald waited for your letter to arrive. He had asked you to send an update when you got to London.

He caught the letter with precision after the owl dropped it.

He smiled at your words. You had basically told him that you got there alright and that you had spoken to Albus.

"Everything will come together in the end."

He put the letter down.