London

You walked the streets of London, the muggles having no knowledge of you being a witch, taking your time and enjoying all the city had to offer.

You looked both ways before entering the run down looking building on the corner of the street.

Muggles wouldn't recognise it as a building anyway.

They were all far too busy focused on their daily business.

For just a moment you wondered how it would be to share the wizarding world with muggles. There were many exciting things they didn't even know about and you could just imagine their expressions at some of the wonders.

The small pub was barely filled with life. Chatter was at a minimum as some wizards had their noses in books or papers. The bartender was having a hushed conversation with one customer, who had just finished their drink.

You ignored them and they ignored you.

You passed right through to the back and tapped a few bricks on the wall outside.

Your mind once again going back to the muggles on the other side of the building. They had no idea what lay just ahead of them.

The wall opened up and revealed to you the busiest little street you had ever seen.

Diagon Alley.

Your first intended stop was the book store. You used to go there as a child, many time accompanied by Albus who could reach the higher shelves. Those memories made you smile.

You entered the little bookshop and browsed to your hearts content. There were many titles you were unfamiliar with and the urge to gather them all and read them was quite strong.

You picked up a couple that you were sure you were going to take, but it felt wrong to leave without the other books. You found yourself at the checkout with a pile of books, the cashier smiling at you as she put them into a bag.

"Will that be all?" She asked teasingly.

"Don't tempt me." You chuckled.

You left the shop in his spirits and began to browse to the windows of the stores ahead.

Each display was bright and colourful, making it hard not to at least take a peek at what they had.

It had been a long time since Aberforth walked this path. He rarely had need to visit Diagon Alley, it having more use to Hogwarts students than anyone else.

Yet, he found himself standing at the edge of the street looking at you.

Albus had sent a letter to his brother after that night stating that if Grindelwald was using you to get to him without your knowledge, he would most likely send you to London with the chance of bumping into someone he knew. That way if Albus was ever mentioned, word would get back to him that you had been in town.

If brought quite a lot of anger to Aberfoth to know that Albus and Gellert thought much alike. They had been so close, Albus could guess what Grindelwald might do.

Shaking any thoughts away of the dark wizard, Aberforth approached you.

"Didn't expect to see to see you again so soon."

You turned around from the broom you had been admiring and smiled when you saw him.

"Aberforth, you gave me a scare." You chuckled. "Yes, how have you been?"

"Alright. As you're here, why don't we go get a drink somewhere and talk. I don't feel we had much of a conversation the other night." He offered.

"I would like that."

"Can you manage with those bags, you look like you've been busy." He gave you a smile.

"Sure." You gave him one and let him take you to a small cafe way beyond Diagon Alley. Talk was at a minimum along the way, but you could tell there was something he wanted to talk to you about.

He opened the door for you and you picked a table near the back. Aberforth went to fetch your drinks, and once he came back you could both settle down.

"What brought you into town today?"

"Just a little bit of shopping. What about you?"

"Fresh air." His reply was short and made you wonder if something was bothering him.

"Is everything alright? You look like you want to say something." You reached out to grasp his hand, silently letting him know that he could ask you anything. You still considered him your friend.

"Are you working for Grindelwald?" He asked quietly. If anyone heard him ask that, the ministry would be there in a flash.

You hurriedly retreated your hand and stared at him wide eyed.

"Why would you ask that?" You made sure no one else could hear.

"Are you?"

"Aberforth." You looked at him sorrowfully.

"So, you are." He leaned back in his chair. His hand balled into a fist as he glared at the wood of the table. "Why would you do that? He tore what I had left of my family apart. He wants to rule wizarding kind and muggle kind. He's killed people. I thought out of every good soul on Earth that you would be the last person to ever side with a man like that." His voice was hushed, but you could hear the hurt in it.

"Aberforth..."

"No, Y/N. Albus was right. That man is manipulating you and making you think he's doing something for the greater good, but he's not. You're being lied to."

"Albus said that? How would he know?" You stood from your chair, drawing a little bit of attention to your small outburst.

"He's been keeping an been on you. He was curious to see of Grindelwald was with you, but you always seem to be alone.... Were you alone the other night?" He looked you in the eye.

"You saw me."

"Y/N."

"No. He was there. He said the Quidditch match was important for our cause, but all that happened was we matched the match and left."

"Apart from us meeting. I wouldn't have gone if didn't have that ticket. I was told I was meeting someone there, but they cancelled. I still had the ticket so I went. It was a set up."

"No. It wasn't. Us meeting was a coincidence."

"Grindelwald is using to get to Albus and you're too blind by his lies to see it."

You felt tears welling up.

"That's not true...."

"Y/N, we haven't seen each other in years. To meet the way did would have been the most random thong to have happened. It has to be set up. If Grindelwald gets close to Albus, he won't hesitate to kill him."

"You're lying." You whispered.

Aberforth didn't say any more. It was obvious he couldn't change your mind.

"I have to go." You grabbed your bags and left in a hurry.

He let you go.

Albus, who had been sitting behind the divider behind his brother, stood up and walked around to sit with Aberforth.

"You were right." Aberforth looked at his brother.

"I had to be sure."

Albus dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out the vial Newt had managed to get from Grindelwald.

"Are you any closer to breaking It?"

"So very close."

"What if she tells him what I said?"

"I expect her to. The only thing is he'll ease her mind and have her trust him completely. He's very persuasive that way." Albus tucked the vile into his pocket again.

"Now what do we do?"

"We meet with the others."

The brothers got up and headed back to the school. They had a lot of planning to do.