A letter

You spent the next several days in the company of Gellert Grindelwald. He would tell you about what he planned to do next, his plans for Credence and his plans for you.

He stated that you were important to the cause but you couldn't see why. Credence was he most important, you were otherwise quite disposable.

Yet, apparently you were not.

Days had gone by and Gellert worked very hard to insure your importance. You rarely questioned it, due to him seemingly not happy with your lack of self confidence in his ranks, and let him praise you.

He made you feel quite special.

Credence revived a lot of praise too. He was very unsure if he had made the right choice, but Grindelwald had ensured him that he was made for greatness.

You took a walk to clear your mind, one afternoon. The sun was out, a cool breeze would brush your hair every so often, and area was much too nice to spend all day indoors.

Your mind had become restless with thoughts of Albus.

You wondered what he was doing. Was he looking for a way to reach you? A way to convince you that staying with Grindelwald was bad and that you should return to London?

You sighed. There was no use dwelling on it. You doubted you would see him anytime soon anyway. You had no reason to return to London.

Just as you reached the top of the hill you were walking along, a noise up ahead caught your attention.

Your eyes landed on an owl flying right towards you. In its beak, an envelope clearly too big for it to carry, though it managed.

You held your arm out and let the owl land. Taking the letter from it, you gave the owl a boost back into the air and watched it fly towards the house.

You opened the letter.

Dear Y/N,

I haven't heard from you since you had left and concern has settled in my mind. Whatever that man is telling you is lies and I feel you should know this.

I, too, once believed in his vision. He seeks power to rule over the muggle world, whatever he is telling you is lies. Do not fall for his words. Grindelwald is extremely persuasive.

I ask that you return to Hogwarts where you will be protected. My friends and I are working to put his movement to a stop, he must not be allowed to continue. I fear lives may be lost.

Please write back so I know you're alright. I won't ask for your location on the account that I don't want Grindelwald to being you trouble. Well, more trouble.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Albus Dumbledore.

You bit your bottom lip in concern. It had been days and now your questions had been answered. He was thinking of your well being.

You turned to gaze at the house. Thoughts were running so fast through your head that you couldn't keep up with them all.

Just outside, by the door, you could see Grindelwald standing there. He was facing you, but was too far away from your current spot to see his expression. However, you could see the owl, that Albus had sent, perched on his arm.

You held the letter tightly and began to make your way back down to the house.

Gellert did not move.

He waited for you to reach him before he held his arm out, you doing the same, and letting the owl hop from him to you.

"This owl. Who sent it?" He asked calmly.

You stood there in silence for a moment. You were debating on telling him or not. Would he be angry?

You held out the letter.

Gellert took it and read it over. When he reached the bottom of the letter he folded it. Slowly, he ticked it into his pocket.

"I will write a reply. Do you think I'm lying?"

"Not to me. I know that. I know what you're after." You spoke slowly, quietly.

"Good. I don't wish to lie to you." He muttered. "Are you afraid of me?"

You stared at him.

"No."

He stared back.

"You should be."

He turned around and walked inside. The owl followed him.

You stood in that spot for a while longer. Your thoughts had begun to build up again.

Should you have trusted Albus' words?

Or was your heart content on staying here.