43

Wow. I am so disgustingly far behind schedule that I have decided to throw another update at you.

Solange October 1, 2016
"I don't care." Bey's voice drifted out of her room. "Don't call back if it's about her."

I frowned, pushing open the door. Beyoncé hung up, looking at me.

I glanced down at the phone in her hand. "What was that about?"

She shrugged. "Nothing important."

I nodded. "Mama cooked up a huge breakfast. Lots of meat for your vegan body."

She rolled her eyes and put the phone on the nightstand. "That joke has never been funny."

I waited until she passed me before I grabbed the phone. She whipped her head back.

"What the hell are you doing?" She demanded, advancing on me.

I quickly pressed redial and put the phone to my ear. She tried to grab for the phone, but I jumped onto the bed, evading her.

"Hello?" A male voice answered.

Beyoncé jumped onto the bed and swiped for the phone, but I grabbed her hand, pulling hard. She lost her balance and fell off the bed.

"Who is this, and why did you call?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

Beyoncé jumped up and lunged for me. I jumped over her and ran out of the room. I slammed the door behind me and held onto the doorknob.

"This is Phil, I work at the front gate."

I felt Beyoncé trying to pull the door open. I wedged the phone between my ear and my shoulder, gripping the doorknob with both hands. I leaned back, using my weight to help me keep the door shut.

"Phil, right. I remember you. Why were you calling so early?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"I called to tell Mrs. Knowles-Carter that Sarayah was out here waiting for her."

I frowned. "And then what?"

"W-well..." he stuttered.

I rolled my eyes. "Just tell me."

"She said she didn't care and told me not to call back again."

I let go of the door, sending Beyoncé flying backwards. She fell, hitting her head on the floor with a painful thud.

"Thanks Phil," I said, hanging up.

Beyoncé glared up at me, rubbing her head. "What the hell, Solo?"

I took a few deep breaths, clamping down on my rage. "I am trying my very hardest to be patient with you, Beyoncé, because I know you've been going through it, but you are making it really hard for me."

"Then leave," she snarled.

I studied her for a moment. "You know, you said that same thing to Sarayah and look where we are now. You push people away when you're angry. Keep it up and see where it gets you. You'll end up just like Dad: sad and alone, wondering where all your family went."

I stormed out of her room, leaving her alone with her thoughts. I jogged down the stairs and straight to the key holder.

"Bey, is that you?" Mama shouted from the kitchen.

"No, it's me. Bey is still upstairs." I answered, walking over to her.

She was sitting at the table, eating with Kelly, Michelle and Blue. She pointed her fork at my keys.