71

Nevaeh  December 20, 2016
I looked at the time. It was already 4:30 pm. We'd spent three hours taking pictures with the Rolls Royce. We would've spent even longer, but Beyoncé had to cut it short so Ray could get her hair done. The party was just hours away, so everyone scattered to their rooms to get ready. Without much to prepare, I had just enough time to squeeze in a quick nap before I had to get ready too.

I looked in the mirror, adjusting the thin straps around my abs. I scrunched up my face, examining myself. I'd stepped a little outside my comfort zone for my costume. But just a little. I had on a red bralette with straps wrapping around my midsection. Over it, I wore a red, baggy short sleeved shirt which I left open. I finished off the look with red baggy pants and white sneakers. Deanna stole the whole look from Aaliyah, but I guess I did ask for it. Aaliyah was the iconic 90's tomboy after all, so can you blame me? Ray wasn't going to be able to keep her eyes off me.

I smirked at the thought, fixing my hair so a few curly locks framed my face. I pulled half my hair up and left the rest down. I gave myself one last glance before heading to the living room. Predictably, Sarayah was already there even though she'd had the most to do. That girl wasted no time. She was taking pictures with Blue while Kai played photographer with a polaroid camera. Since Ray was distracted, I took the opportunity to look at her.

I was surprised by Ray's costume choice. I was sure she'd choose a TLC outfit since she loved them. Most likely something from their 'CrazySexyCool' era, or maybe an early outfit from 'Ooooooohhh...On the TLC Tip'. I never thought she'd choose Da Brat as her inspiration, but damn it was a good choice.

Her hair was done in small twists, each one decorated with colorful beads at the end. That was about the only colorful thing about her outfit. Almost everything else was black. Her cropped leather jacket, the skin-tight crop top beneath it, her slightly baggy pants that hung halfway down her curves, her timbs. Even her briefs were black. She did have a white waistband poking out above it. It was a nice contrast. Part of me wondered if was done specifically to draw attention to her toned body. If so. Well done.

Ray didn't have many accessories on, only opting for a fake nose ring on her left side and my chain around her neck. I smiled in satisfaction when I saw my gold initials glinting on her chest. Mine. All mine.

Ray tipped her black shades low and playfully scowled at the camera, bringing my attention to those plump lips I loved so much. Usually she chose nude colors, but today she'd decided to drive me crazy with a maroon matte lipstick. Here I was feeling all sexy, and she up and does this.

Blue copied her sister's pose, almost immediately breaking character when she laughed. Ray laughed too, picking Blue up for an action shot.

The two sisters looked so cute together. Where Ray was dark, Blue was a burst of color. She was wearing an orange zip-up vest over a white tank top with matching orange pants. Her hair was pulled into a single puff, with an orange bandanna wrapped around her forehead.

"Okay, do a silly pose," Kai instructed, and they immediately obliged, sticking out their tongues.

Kai snapped another picture. I finally focused on him, blinking in surprise. Had he dyed his blond dreads black just for a costume? I shook my head. Dedication. I couldn't say it helped though, because I still couldn't place his costume.

Kai was wearing a black turtleneck underneath a brown tribal print jacket. He'd accessorized with a silver chain and a black scarf that he let hang loosely over his jacket. He was wearing leather pants like Sarayah, but his were held up by a black belt. There was something familiar about his outfit.

He tilted the camera slightly and snapped another picture.

"I think that's the one," he predicted, grabbing the picture before it could fall to the floor with the rest.