44

Beyoncé  October 1, 2016
I heard them downstairs, Solange and Sarayah. She was here. It felt like the world was pressing in on me from all sides. I walked to the bathroom and took out my pills. I shook out two from the small bottle and popped them in my mouth. I took a few deep breaths, feeling calmer already. I wondered how long it would take Solo to ruin my peace. The bedroom door opened and shut. Apparently not long. I sighed, turning around to face Solange. She had her arms folded over her chest. She looked like she was trying not to cry.

"You need to see your daughter. She's in...a lot of...pain." She struggled to get the words out.

I pushed past her. "Aren't we all."

"You wouldn't be saying that if you saw her! Just by looking at her face you can tell–"

I cut her off. "I don't care, Solange."

Solo grabbed my shoulder and spun me around to face her. "She needs you, Bey. Shit, I need you. I don't know what to do. I'm trying to be there for her, but she needs her mother."

I removed her hand from my shoulder. "She made it very clear that title doesn't belong to me." I turned my back on her.

"You're gonna regret acting like this, Beyoncé. I promise you will."

"I promise I won't. Now, I'm going downstairs to eat. I'm hungry."

I walked downstairs to the kitchen. Kelly and my mom were talking about something in hushed voices. I ignored them, grabbing a plate to dish out my food. When she noticed me, Mama stopped talking, turning to face me, hand on hip.

"What happened this morning?"

I supressed an eye roll. "I'm sure you've already guessed. Where's my daughter?"

"Solange just brought her upst–"

"NOT her."

Mama's nostrils flared, but she didn't push me. "Michelle has her in the game room. Now answer my question, because believe me, my guess doesn't paint you in a great light, Giselle."

I sighed. "Paint me in whatever light you want, Mama. Honestly, I don't care. As long as I get to enjoy my food in peace. Can I do that now?"

She snatched the plate out of my hand. "No, the hell you can't, speaking to me like I'm just anybody. You may be grown, but I am still your mother, and I can still whoop that black ass of yours."

I rolled my eyes. "You know what. I don't need any of this. I didn't invite any of you here, so you can go ahead and leave, and you can take your daughter with you."

A loud clap echoed through the room. I blinked in shock and held my hand against my stinging cheek. I sneered at my mother who was glaring right back at me.

"Whatever. I'm gone." I walked out of the kitchen, grabbed my keys from their place on the wall and stormed out to my car.

I jumped in and drove away. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I didn't want to be anywhere near them and their judgment. After driving around for a few minutes, I decided to get something to eat. I drove to the nearest fast food place and pulled into the drive-thru. I had just ordered a bagel when my touch screen stereo lit up with a call from Solange. I groaned, pressing answer.

"What, Solange?" I answered, driving to the window to pay for my food. I ignored the girl staring at me and tapped my card on the machine.

"Cut the attitude," Solo replied.

I rolled my eyes and drove to the next window. I grabbed the little paper bag and drove off.

"Why are you calling?" I asked, impatient. "I'll be back in five minutes. Could it not wait?"

"Well, Mama said you stormed out, so I didn't know when you were coming back, Beyoncé. But either way, no, it can't wait. We need to take Sarayah to the hospital. She needs to be looked at right away. She didn't think I noticed, but she has gauze all over her chest."

I frowned. "Gauze?"

"Yeah, and when Kelly hugged her, she looked like she was about to pass out. She's really hurt. I was trying to tell you–"

"Okay, so take her to the hospital."

"Are you gonna meet us there?"

I scoffed. "No."

"She's your daughter."

"Not by choice."

She was silent on the other end. I took the opportunity to take a bite of my bagel.

"You can't be serious." Solange said incredulously. "That's all you have to say?"

I swallowed, putting my bagel down. "What else you want me to say, Solo? Poor Sarayah? SHE MADE HER CHOICE. I GAVE HER EVERYTHING, AND SHE WALKED AWAY." I took a deep breath, reeling my temper in. "As far as I'm concerned, she got exactly what she deserved. You want to take her to the hospital, go ahead. Just don't expect me to tag along and play her mama's understudy."

"You are so self-absorbed, it's crazy." Solo said before hanging up.

I shrugged and took another bite of my bagel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone's being stubborn 👀 Smh. Anyway, this was short but you know what, I double updated last time so I still feel accomplished 😂 ok byeeee ✌🏽