70

Sarayah December 19, 2016
Today was perfect. And tonight was shaping up to be the same. After the ghost tour, everyone came back to Solo's place to hang out. I was surprised since it was so late, but they insisted. I was glad they had. It felt nice to just relax with everyone.

I leaned on Kai's arm, watching the intense dance battle between Aunty Kellz and my mom. I pulled my legs up onto the seat of the armchair, trying to make the most of the little space Kai had left me. I don't know who told him to come squish up by me, but whatever. I guess it was fine since Nevaeh wanted to be all distant.

I looked over to my right to catch a glimpse of her. She was still chilling on the couch with Julez, Aunty Michelle and my dad. Being weird. Oh well. I guess she wasn't comfortable being with me in front of my family yet. I could understand that.

"This thing is cheating!" Mama accused, still trying to get a 'flawless' to flash around her dancer's circle. "Look! I just hit that move perfectly, and it's showing me red on the leg! How?!"

I turned back to the main event, snickering. This was their fourth round playing Dance Central, and Mama had yet to win against Aunty Kelly.

"Maybe you just suck," Aunty Kellz teased, easily getting another 'flawless'.

Mama shot her a sly look and smiled mischievously. Without any warning, she bumped Aunty Kellz's hip and sent her tumbling into the loveseat Solo and Alan were sitting in. Everyone burst out laughing, including me. I couldn't take it. It was too ridiculous. Especially when Mama started dancing even harder, trying to pass Aunty Kellz while she was out of commission.

"Bey, you can't be serious!" Kelly shouted in surprise. "You know what, I'm not even gonna fight this. Someone come get they mama!"

"Don't even worry about it, Kellz!" Michelle yelled, running to take her place. "I got you."

She immediately started dancing crazy. All you saw on her dancer was red. Red on the leg. Red on the arms. Red on the whole damn circle. Homegirl wasn't even trying. I screamed with laughter, sliding to the floor.

"No! Oh my gosh someone stop her!" Aunty Kellz laughed, flailing around on Solange. Alan quickly got up, moving out of harm's way.

"Kelly–" Solo complained, barely dodging her flying arms. "I swear if you hit me."

"She's destroying my score," Aunty Kellz whined.

"BOOM!" Mama shouted when it was over, pretending to drop a mic. "I win! You lose!"

She sauntered over to Aunty Kellz, doing a little gansgsta lean. When she got right in front of her, she folded her arms high up on her chest.

"How's it feel to lose to a real one?"

Aunty Kellz looked at her for a second before tackling her to the floor. Kai immediately jumped up and bounced on the armchair, damn near crushing me.

"Get her Mrs. C!" He shouted, throwing his hands up. "Don't let her take this win from us!"

I scrambled up onto the arm of the chair, watching the two grown women wrestle like a couple of kids.

"Bite her arm, Aunty Kellz!" I shouted, joining in on Kai's silly instigations. "She played dirty, so you play dirtier!"

"Get off that damn couch," Grandma yelled at us. "And you two, stop rolling around breaking things!"

Suddenly the lights went out and everyone looked around, confused.

"See?" Grandma said. "Now y'all done knocked out the power."

A glow to my left caught my eye. I turned my head and saw Dad carefully walking out of the kitchen with a lit birthday cake. There was a gold '16' sitting in the middle, surrounded by sparklers.