Chapter Sixteen.

Finn

"I gotta say, I'm not a fan of this part," Avery admits, our arms wrapping around each other.

"I know, I'm not either" I press my lips to the top of her head. "I'll be home before you know it."

"Be safe." She sighs, pulling away. I nod. "Always."

She goes on her toes slightly and I lean down with a smile, our lips pressing together one last time before my two week trip across the country.

When we pull away, I ruffle her hair to which she swats at my hands. We both chuckle before I depart from her door, turning around and walking backwards so I can look at her and say, "I'll see you soon!"

She gives me a closed mouth smile and closes her big and soft cardigan, holding it tightly to her body as she stands in her doorway. She's so freaking cute.

I can't help but smile as I think about the last time I saw her, despite the fact that I miss her tremendously. It's been a long two weeks and I can't wait to get back tomorrow. Everything just seems like it's falling into place for the first time.

In a way, I guess I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I can't help it. This all just seems to good to be true.

Avery Harrison is my girlfriend. I'm traveling the United States and Canada to play a sport I love. I have great friends. I don't know what else I could ask for.

I just feel like something is going to happen that's going to cause everything to come crashing down.

I'm snapped out of my day dream by my coaches coming into our locker room, my head coach clapping his hands.

I sit up straighter, adjusting my pads as I do so. "Alright, alright, boys. Nice end to that period. I have a good feeling we're going to turn this back around."

He continues to talk game play to us, giving us instructions on what we need to do next. Everything seems extremely doable and I'm confident we can bring this one home.

"Hu," Jack's jaw clenches as my coach turns to him. "I need you to do something."

"Yes, sir." He nods. This is his second game back and honestly, he's been doing well with all things considered. He isn't scoring but he's gotten an assist which is good. He's getting into the action.

"You need to pick a fight with Lolipskin."

"Jeremy Lolipskin?" His eyebrows raise. My teammates get riled up, hollering as they hit into Jack. My jaw is dropped slightly, his face as white as a ghost.

Jeremy Lolipskin in the biggest man in the American Hockey League by far. He is 6'7 and all muscle. No one even attempts to get into anything with him, you'd be a fool too. Not to mention that the man has a thin temper.

"Why?" Jack asks. He looks over at me quickly, seeing me biting my lip as I'm deep in thought.

"We need him off the ice," my coach says simply. "He's gotten a goal and two assists. He's the wall. If we get him in the box, we can skate through the fourth line easily."

Jack nods and I start to panic. He can't do this. He's so much weaker than usual. Not only will he get his ass handed to him and get really hurt, but it'll be obvious that he's not at his best. It may cost him his career.

"I'll do it."

Everyone grows silent as they look at me. Oh God. What have I done?

"What?" My coach shakes his head, obviously confused. I can't blame him, I'm not really a fighter.