Chapter Forty-Six.

Avery

"I'll see you next week, baby," he tells me, his hands gripping onto my waist as we stand in the lobby of the airport.

I can't believe he actually is able to come home for graduation. I couldn't be happier about it, considering the entire situation. I'll be able to graduate high school with him, and then we're both going to leave the next day to go to our separate destinations.

I have my suitcase stationed next to me, my backpack containing my things for the flight sitting on top of it. His hands run up and down my sides as mine hang loosely around his neck.

I tuck his long hair behind his ear with a small smile on my face, tilting my head as I take in his face for last time for a few days. His eyes are bright and his chin and jaw are covered in a hefty amount of stubble from his playoff beard. But you can still see his deep ass stupid dimples.

"You're really beautiful," I tell him earnestly, running my fingers through his hair. His cheeks turn pink, along with the tips of his ears like usual, as he rolls his eyes at my comment. I know that he secretly likes it when I call him beautiful or pretty. I think it may be because they're words that he often uses to describe me ad he knows what it feels like to see someone like that, so for me to see him the same way makes him flustered.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" I exclaim, grinning as he blushes even more. "You're the prettiest person I've ever seen."

"Okay, Aves," he laughs lightly, trying to hide the fact that my words actually have an affect on him. He pulls me towards him, his arms hooking tightly around my body as he hugs me against him. I go on my toes so that I can wrap my arms around his neck as tightly as I can, my hand cradling his head as he buries his face deep into my neck.

He's leaving multiple kisses to my neck as we stand there, my eyes closed as he runs his hand along my back. I keep tightening my grip on him, my hand scratching at his scalp as we try to comfort one another.

"I'm so proud of you, Finn. Of how well you played last night and of everything you've accomplished," I say gently, wanting him to know that I am so fortunate to be his girlfriend. "I really am."

"I love you, baby. Thank you for being here," he responds just as quietly. I tighten my hold even more. I don't want to let him go.

"This isn't the last goodbye," he reminds me softly and I'm glad he's taking the role of the optimist here because I feel like I could break down as I hold him to me. "There's not going to be a last goodbye, but I'm still going to see you next week."

"I know," I sniffle, blinking my eyes a few times to keep my teary eyes contained. But I also know that I'll only see him for a day next week.

I pull back and grip his head, continuing to stand on my toes as I pepper kisses all over his face. Over his jaw, his cheek, each dimple, his nose, his forehead, his eyelids, his lips, everywhere. His hands are clamped onto my hips as I do, before he takes control and connects his lips with mine.

Neither of us could give two shits at the fact that we're standing in the middle of a public airport. All I can think about is the feeling of his tongue gliding against mine and his lips feeling soft and inviting. All I can think about is how pathetically in love with him I am.

"Are you in the same solar system as me right now?"

I gasp as I'm smacked square in the face with a pillow, my body jolting at the unexpected contact. I don't hesitate to take it and chuck back at him, shaking my head as I mutter, "Ass."