Chapter Forty-One.

Avery

Finn and I laid in bed for about an hour before we got up and took a shower. It was different than any shower we've taken before.

We were both exhausted. I know he had a really long day at the rink and I won't lie, I can barely feel my fucking legs.

I didn't tell Finn that it still was a bit uncomfortable and there were small twinges of pain every now and then, but that's because the pleasure completely overwhelmed it. I was stunned with how amazing it felt. I didn't want it to end but I also was desperate to find that release with him.

I can see what all the hype is about.

We held onto each other and gently ran a soapy cloth over our lethargic bodies, trailing soft kisses along the areas as well. We didn't even really talk much. I think we both got a slap of reality this week. Time is dwindling at a drastic speed and the difficulties of long distance relationships are swarming my mind.

But I love him with all my heart. I'm not going to let that go. I'm not going to let him go.

After we got out of the shower, Finn wanted to go down to check on Morgan and her friends. And by that, I mean that I jokingly said that I hoped they were outside while we busy and he did not take it well. I've never seen his face drop so fast.

I asked if he really wanted to face them, in case they did hear, but he 'needs to know.'

Then I asked how he would know, cause it's not like they're going to just outright tell him they heard us. He just gave my bum a nice pat and assured me that he was great at reading people.

Sure, bud. Whatever you say.

So now I'm putting on one of his dark green crewneck sweatshirts and a pair of his black boxers, which may seem weird but honestly, it doesn't feel it. The boxers are longer on me and I honestly have never seen him wear anything but briefs, so I don't know if he even wears these. I brought my own clothes to wear tonight, which looking back at seemed like a waste because I'm never not wearing his.

He handed me the clothes once we got out and I took them with open arms. I just want to feel close to him and wearing them makes me feel much cozier than wearing my own.

I tucked the front of the sweatshirt into the boxers so it didn't look like I wasn't wearing any pants, since we're going to see Morgan and her friends. Finn just put on some sweats and insisted on walking around shirtless.

I know what he's doing. Morgan is going to rip him apart.

Now we're heading downstairs and he goes right out to his sister while I make a pit stop in the kitchen to grab a water bottle. I glance around his cute and warm home, smiling lightly at the decorating I know his mom did. It's all wooden and she has framed photos of her kids with some hints of greenery. I applaud her for being able to keep all these plants alive.

Finn mentioned that his mom was out tonight with some of her friends from work, which I could see made him happy. It must feel good to see your mom finally bounce back. I hope mine does the same.

I head outside, sliding the glass door shut once the fresh air blows through me. It's a beautiful May night, the weather not cold but chilly enough to need a sweatshirt. There's a small smile on my face as I walk over to where everyone is, but specifically at Finn who is standing behind an empty chair, keeping his hands on the back of it as he leans forward and talks to Morgan. The muscles in his arms are flexing as he grips the chair, the warm orangey light from the fire illuminating him and making him glow like a fucking God. Her friends might as well be drooling over him as they try to play it off cool. They're giggling at whatever he says and are desperately acting natural, not wanting it to be obvious that they're attracted to him. The bastard is torturing these poor girls.