Chapter Forty-Five.

Avery

Prom is overrated anyway.

The only thing I was really looking forward too with prom was going to that cabin to stay with my friends afterwards. But honestly, it wouldn't of been the same without Finn. Not to mention that I would of felt incredibly guilty missing the game altogether and would of just watched the livestream on my phone the whole night anyway.

I was just going to wear the black gown I wore to that Thunderbirds press dinner all those months ago, the one where Finn introduced me as his girlfriend for the first time and everything with Jack went down, so it's not even like I went out of my way to do anything for prom anyway.

After I got off the phone with Finn, Grace had come in and asked if I was alright. I had told her that I had an idea but didn't know if it was dumb because of how impulsive it was. But of course she encouraged it. Not only was she still pretty drunk, but she's also up there with the top supporters of our relationship.

After talking, and apologizing profusely, to Cam as well as making sure my mother wouldn't disown me, I bought a ticket for the morning. Grace and I slept for a few hours, sobered up, and then she took me back to my house the next morning, helped me pack, and took me to the airport.

I'm going to buy her so much coffee and chocolate when I get back. I owe her so much.

I was fully expecting to knock out when we got to the room because of how exhausted I was, but I definitely liked the alternative better.

Shower sex is fun as hell.

I did end up sleeping like a baby last night anyway.

It's the next morning now, but neither of us are making any notion to move from our position. We woke up about an hour ago, his head on my chest and his arm wrapped tightly around me, our legs tangled. He said he missed his favorite pillows.

Cheeky.

We're having light conversations every now and then, but our time this morning has mainly consisted of me running my hand through his hair while his traces words on my stomach that he has me guess.

Some included, but were not limited too: Casey. Puck (got confused on that one). Mop (?). Ollie. Kelso. Shower. Aves.

Needless to say, a lot of these lead into fits of laughter when I would guess something waaaaay off. I really could of sworn that shower was elephant. Would of bet a lot of money on it.

Although today is the day of the game, there seems to be a lightness in the air. He doesn't seem overly anxious, which I'm really relieved about. He seems happy. All I ever want him to be is happy.

"I was thinking," he starts suddenly, which makes me smile and interrupt, "Uh oh."

He squeezes my side, making me jolt and let out a loud laugh. "Don't be mean to me."

"Oh, yes. I'm always so cruel," I say sarcastically, settling back down. He nuzzles his face into my chest again like the little shit he is, wrapping his arm back around me.

"Anyway," he continues dramatically, slipping his hand under my shirt again to run his bare fingers over my skin. My eyes close briefly at the feeling, but I open them again to look down at him.

His hair is pulled back in a bun and I've been pushing the fly always back with every stroke. I love the feeling of running my fingers through his hair and against his head, just feeling him with me.

"The last game of the round is on the 23rd, if the series even goes to game 7. If the team makes it to the second round, it wouldn't start until the 28th."