Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Finn

I don't know how I'm going to approach Jack on this. He had no right to go to Colin, especially after I told him that it was called off. I didn't want Avery to know about this. I didn't want her to know that I planned on ganging up on the people who did this to us.

She took the news surprisingly well, all things considered. I could see that she was angry at first, but thought it through and I knew she was trying to see it from my perspective. That's one of the things I love most about her. She's always understanding, even when she doesn't agree. I was fully anticipating her getting very, very upset with me.

I'm tired of yelling. I'm tired of getting angry. I don't want to yell at Jack again. It's starting to feel like the same shit different day. I'm just drained.

Avery said she forgave him, but that it was easier for her than it is for me. I'm not sure I agree, since she's the one he tried to kiss. She's the one he did it too. But I was closer with him obviously, so I guess I see where she's coming from. Regardless, I don't think I'm ready to completely forgive. But like I said, I'm tired.

When I walk into the dressing room for practice, Casey, Jack, and a few other of my teammates are in there.

Case hits my leg as I walk to my designated cubby. I nod as a greeting before putting my bag down and turning to Jack, who's already looking at me. "I need to talk to you."

Jack nods and I look down at Casey, who has his brows furrowed as he looks up at me from his skates that he's tying. I just grip his shoulder before going to the conversation I don't want to have.

I walk out first, knowing that Jack is trailing behind me. When we get to the hall, I shake my head at him. "Why did you do that, eh?"

He looks like he's going to deny it at first but then he decides not too. "I wanted him to stop messing with you guys."

"I told you it was off for a reason, Jack." I sigh deeply, running my hands through my hair. "He confronted me in front of Avery. She could of left me."

"But she didn't, eh?" He crosses his arms over his chest. "Because you weren't the one who went after him. I was. And I'm already on the naughty list. Now everyone's happy. You have your girlfriend and that douchebag has a broken nose."

"Jack, that's not point-"

"Cut the bullshit, Wilder," he snaps, which catches me off guard. I narrow my eyes at him. "Me? Cut the bullshit? Seriously?"

"Yes, you." His jaw clenches as he runs his hand through his hair. "Listen, Finn. I get it. You hate my guts. You'll hate me no matter what I do. I could rescue you from a burning building and you'd still hate me. Even though we used to be inseparable. Even though I am doing everything I can to make you fucking forgive me." He gulps as he looks at me. "I'm sorry I tried to kiss Avery. I was drunk and on shit. It was so fucked up and I should of never done it. But I did and I regret it more than anything else."

Before I can even think of responding, he adds, "You can hate me if you want. But you and Avery have bigger threats than me, someone who was your best friend. I think deep down you know that I would never hurt her. So I'm not going to beg for your forgiveness anymore. I'm done, Finn."

He turns and walks into the dressing room, leaving me completely dumbfounded. Did he just get angry with me? After all the shit he's done, he's angry that I can't forgive him right away? Seriously?

I mean, I know he's right that we have bigger things to worry about. Although Mason and Colin are suspended, I have this nagging feeling that this isn't over yet. But doesn't he think that I want to talk to him about that stuff? That I wish I still had my best friend? It's not that I want to hate him, I just can't look past that he was the closest friend I had and he tried to kiss my girlfriend.