Chapter 4

"Naruto" Normal Speech.

'Naruto' Normal Thought.

"Rasengan" Jutsu/Power/Technique.

"Kurama" Demonic/Dragon/Youkai Speechs.

'Kurama' Demonic/Dragon/Youkai Thoughts.

Fairy's Guardian

Chapter 4

"Fairy Tail!" Makarov stepped out of his office with a mission request in his hands "We have a new mission!" The mages bellow, save for Naruto cheered out loudly from hearing the announcement from the Guild Master.

Because of the absent of the core members of Fairy Tail, the guild was dethroned from the number one position a few years ago and became the weakest guild among the Mage Guilds of Fiore. Missions were rarely sent to Fairy Tail nowadays, especially missions from A-class and S-class with high payments. Most of the remained missions were finished by Team Natsu and the returned, stronger members of Fairy Tail so around this time there was no more mission on the Guild's mission board, even on the S-class board on the second floor.

And of course, every member of the Guild was seriously in need for money.

"MINE!" Natsu cried out and leaped forward, trying to get the mission request paper from the master's hands.

"Forget it! That's mine!" Jet cried out and shot forward with his magic bumping into his legs.

"Oh no you don't!" Cana pulled out three cards and they began to glow with magic.

Naruto sighed. There they go again, Naruto thought inside of his head while sipping a cup of orange juice. He didn't know what was so interesting about this guild that Mavis wanted him to come with them, but apparently it was interesting enough to make him stick around. For the past week Naruto had considered about leaving the place numerous times, but every time he came to this guild something new happened and he couldn't help but come to the place every morning, though he would never admit it out loud.

The whole Guild then broke out in a massive fight, just like the last time a mission request arrived at the Guild Master's office. Erza let out a sigh in disappointment after finishing her favorite strawberry cheesecake and stood up from her seat. When she was present in the Guild and not out doing mission with her team, the Scarlet head mage was always the one who won most of the missions for her team; more or less everyone was really afraid of her and didn't want to face her wrath.

But before she could make any move to stop the fight, the master raised his hand and took a deep breath before shouting out

"ENOUGH!" Instantly the Guild stopped their fight and turned their head to look at the master "Ahem, now that everyone had calm down...I have a few things to say before assigning this mission for a mage or a team. This is not a simple mission" His tone changed and became seriously "This is an S-class mission" quite a few mages gasped out in shock. This was their first S-class mission in many years after the disappearance of the core members of Fairy Tail.

"YES!" Natsu cheered "Give us that mission!" Team Natsu was the current one of the only two teams that had S-class mages in it, who was none other than Titania Erza Scarlet and the only chance any mage who wasn't S-class yet got the chance of doing the highest ranking missions was having at least an S-class mage accompany them.

"Unfortunately Natsu, your team won't be the one who get this mission" Makarov said, making Team Natsu groaned out in disappointment and the other to smirk. The master looked around for a moment before his eyes landed on a certain blond haired young man who was still separating himself from the Guild's every day activities "I think it's time for Naruto to get his first mission."