Prologue: The tale of Galadhel & Alatar

"Your thoughts have been on it." Galadhel stated softly as she walked alongside in the depths of the forests of Mountains of Mirkwood. Alatar looked at her out of the corner of his eye as he tucked her arm tighter into his before focusing his attention on their daughter as she played in the field of lilies just ahead of them. The day was mild and bright, the sun peeking shyly through the treeshade while a soft breeze ruffled the leaves.

"I am unsure of what you mean." Mohrinehtar lied, diverting her statement in hopes that it would not be discussed. Galadhel stopped him by pulling on his arm gently, taking both of his hands into her own as her blue gaze looked up to meet his deep green orbs. With a sigh she pressed her palm to the side of his face and ran her thumb softly across the aged skin of his face.

"You know what I speak of, meleth." She whispered, continuing to listen to their daughter intently as she played contently, completely unaware of what her parents were speaking about. "Never must you hide what troubles you. I know you looked at them today." Mohrinehtar shook his head abruptly before placing his hand on her cheek reassuringly. "You are my radiance, my love. And she.." He trailed off as he turned his gaze towards their daughter, too young to understand who or what her parents were. "...she is my light."

Galadhel nodded in agreement yet knew what had been troubling her husband. She decided finally as he pulled her to continue their stroll to not mention that she had seen him pulling the familiar sea blue robe out of the cedar chest that sat at the foot of their bed or the slight change of position of his staff that had long been pushed to the back of their closet. With the slightest of sighs she smiled softly at their daughter.

"Do you think she has inherited the best of us both?" She asked curiously, knowing that her love for their daughter would be unconditional regardless of the traits she had gained. Mohrinehtar smirked and raised an eyebrow, the quietest of chuckles clamoring in his chest.

"I know that she has." He whispered, leaning down slightly to whisper into her ear. "Look." He gestured. Galadeth followed his extended arm to where their daughter, still so small in age and size sat on the ground amongst the flowers. The young elleth's hands grazed gently over the tops of the white lilies when suddenly her tiny hands glowed with an iridescent light. Galadhel's eyes widened, unable to pull her gaze away from her. "When were you going to tell me?" She asked proudly and in awe.

"I preferred to have shown you instead." He answered matter of factly before his face turned upwards to the sky, wincing his eyes to discern the time of day. "Olórin should be arriving shortly, I believe." Mohrinehtar stated as Galadhel continued to watch as Erulisse played with her light in the lilies. She nodded her head, forcing her attention away from the display of light their daughter was exhibiting. Galadhel took in a deep breath and allowed what she had witnessed to process fully in her mind.

"She is very fond of him, the grey wizard." She remarked as she thought of the joy it would bring their daughter each time the wizard visited. Although Mohrinehtar had failed in his purpose for Middle Earth, the grey wizard continued to remain in close contact and friendship with him.

"She has taken to Olórin and for that I am grateful he allows such. He will always be a dear friend to us all." He replied before he felt Galadhel tense in his embrace. His head panickedly turned towards their home, a small cottage they had built far away from anyone at the base of the Mirkwood Mountains.

"Stay here!" Mohrinehtar asserted as he grabbed onto her arms tightly, staring into her eyes to make sure she understood. Galadhel nodded her head as he took off running towards home, knowing something was not right in their secluded section of the woods.

"Erulissë!" She called out as she ran to lift her young daughter from the flowers. "Iell nín! You must listen to me carefully." Her voice shook slightly as she spoke, watching the small child turn her face upwards towards her. Her innocent green eyes shone with confusion, too young to understand that anything bad was happening. Galdhel forced a fake smile to mask her fear as she pulled Erulisse further away from the direction of home.