6

I stepped out of the car and swung my bag on my left shoulder with one strap only hung.

The car left as I walked at the path to the school as the field of grasses on either sides of the path and some building structures could be seen.

"YEONJUN-AH!!!" a scream was heard not one but many from a group of girl students then suddenly, an arm wrapped around my neck as I looked at the person next to me.

"Sorry girls, I need to go now with my friend here. See you later "Yeonjun said and winked at the girls in front of us as they let out a scream of fangirl. Yeonjun led me out of the crowd walking into the school while we had a good conversation.

"So... Where's Soobin?" I asked him and he laughed.

"That guy is probably being scolded now for escaping the teacher because he's the class leader and he barely did his job but the teachers still picked him anyway "he replied then suddenly a boy crept to us silently with his school blazer covering his head and face.

"Yeonjun-ah... I'm your fan" the familiar voice said as Yeonjun pulled his blazer off revealing Soobin.

"Yah jinjja this guy "he laughed and then suddenly, Soobin interrupted.

"okay let's go give Mr. Kang Taehyun a tour around shall we? " Soobin said then I slapped his arm in a playful way that made him smile widely and chuckled at my reactions.

"then we'll get your schedule and see which classes are you in" Yeonjun said then they led me out of the school building to a garden and started to tell me the places where I should go and shouldn't.

I guess Yeonjun is quite popular at Hanlim because he always received the attention from girls as we walked together.

Suddenly, he took a flower at the garden and jogged his way towards a bench.

"Good Morning Ahjung-sshi "He smiled and gave her the flower but she pushed his hand that was holding the flower, gently away from her.

"Good morning Yeonjun-ah, you don't need to give me the flower. I'm just fine "She smiled and she was about to stand up but he stopped her.

He placed the flower above her earlobe and let her hair down as he fixed it. I noticed some girls giving dirty looks at them as Yeonjun smiled sweetly at Ahjung.

"At least I wear it for you. Good luck on your test later "He told him that left her blushing as Soobin came closer to me.

"He's one of the school's heartthrob but he always choose Ahjung because he has a puppy crush on her but Ahjung aren't like the other girls and just followed him around. She preferred rejecting him but yeah... He always try until now "Soobin whispered telling the confused me and it explains it now. Yeonjun came to us with a wide smile as we pretended like we didn't see that.

"and that, is the way to take a girl's heart even though I've been friendzoned many times "

"Ah Yeonjun-sshi, I think you must know probably most of the girls here at Hanlim. But may I ask if the other members of Galaxy also enrolled here too other than Ahjung? "I questioned him and he nodded.

"of course they are here "Yeonjun answered.

They gave me a tour and helped me to get my schedule at the principal's office.

They left for their classes as I walked from room to room searching for my classroom. I found my class and entered in with some people talking with each other, busy with their own business and didn't noticed me coming in.

I saw an empty seat beside a girl sitting just by the window reading something and approached her. I walked to her slowly and she turned around and the sunshine shone on her face making it glowing under the sunlight, her eyes sparkling looking at me.

"Suhyeong-sshi?" I said and she smiled at me widely.

She pulled the chair beside her for me to sit and I sat beside her while she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You're also at my class eh? Thank you for choosing me as your temporary seatmate "she chuckled and arranged the books in front of her straight.

"Temporary?"

"Nae because you'll might be changing seats with the others or the teacher would ask to change all of our seats so yeah" she explained and I nodded agreeing.

"So what are you reading?" I asked her, scooting a bit closer to her to take a peek at what she's reading.

She covered the page she's reading with the sleeve of her school blazer and laughed nervously.

"Well... It's my old diary. I'm trying to recover my memories back and here I am reading my diary that I stole back"she said like nothing that made me worried.

"do you mean you get it or really stole it?" I was worried if she really stole her diary instead of taking it from her drawer or something.

"I stole it. I saw this book early in the morning sticking out behind a locker so I stole it from its place. It had my name on it alright so it's not like stealing, it's like getting your property or claiming it back. But I'm still confused though, why did that thing got there and it's also dusty "She closed the book and dusts appeared that made her sneezed.

"So what did you discover from there? Any memories or any information about your sister's murder?"

"well... I don't know why I wrote this name many times. Nayoung... But I don't know who that person is but in my diary, she used to pull dirty pranks on me but it said she didn't disturb me again when she was expelled from school but she's not the case I think. Even though that was only for a month but yeah... I think it doesn't have to do with her. And about my sister's murder... There's no clue "

"Well... We can investigate more further after this at the school. Wait... Are you and your sister had the same school?"

"Nae, she's a senior here, but let's investigate later starting from the library. I don't know why I have feelings that something there that might help with the murder and my memories"

-

I walked with my fingers brushing against the books at the school's library scanning at each and every title books.

The rays of sunshine shining at the aisle between the bookshelves making it look like a movie or drama vibe.

I turned my head to the side at Suhyeong who was struggling,trying to reach a book above her.

I went to her back and towered her by tiptoeing a bit as I reached for the book with the tip of my fingers and pulled it slowly.

But it was a wrong move, some books was also pulled by accident as the books fell at us. It seemed slow and I closed my eyes but I hugged her and covered her head as the books hit me instead.

I reopened my eyes and stared at her who turned her head to look at me even though our distance between each other was like only 20 cm before my lips touched her forehead.

My vision somehow started to get like glitchy or is it my imagination but one thing I remember is, I saw an image of her face bleeding, at the forehead and many injuries. Her face was pale without any hint of color along with her lips then the glitch showed me the image of her now and that terrifying look. But even though that look, looks terrifying, it was like more to a sad and lonely one.

It's just my illusion

I said in my head like a mantra.

To be continued...