30

- T A E H Y U N -

"the results for the fingerprint is here "I thanked the middle aged man that investigates for fingerprints as he handed me the paper where the results are.

He left after giving me a plastic bag that contains the knife, hammer and the shard glass. The results show positive as I took out my phone and dialled Suhyeong's phone number.

Sorry, the person you are calling isn't available

I dialled again her phone but the same voice voice message appeared again as I gathered my energy up and ran out of the headquarters.

While running at the busy bustling street, I kept on trying to reach her phone but she won't answer still.

After minutes of running, finally my house came into sight but I still can't see any sign or her around. Even in her room.

Worry started to fill my chest as I went out again to search her in the neighborhood, hoping that she's just nearby. I was about to run pass a cemetery but stopped my steps when I saw her sleeping at one of the grave.

Her head was resting at a stone tomb while a book was at her lap. I tried to calm my breathing and my heart somehow cracked into small pieces when I saw she was sleeping at a cemetery.

I walked quietly at her and hold the book in my left hand as I crouched down and shook her body with my other free hand.

"Suhyeong-ah... Wake up sweetheart "I said in a gentle voice as her eyes fluttered open slowly.

She was confused at first but I understand as she just woke up from her nap but surprisingly, instead of smiling at me like usual, she had her eyes glassy and her facial expression turned into a frown.

"Are you okay? Let's go home now, I'll help you "I offered but she shook her head.

"That's your home. Here is my home now "she said in a cracked voice that made the knots in my stomach twisted.

"don't say that, if that's where my home is, so as you. Come on...the results for the fingerprints are already out "I smiled bitterly at her because I knew that she won't believe that the person she's close to is the one who killed her and made her like this.

"does it matched?" she asked and I nodded as the horror expression came to view. She looked scared but she shook her head continuously.

"No... It's not him. I know it's not him "She denied it but I still insisted because the fact is already shown and the truth was revealed.

"let's just go now to the police station and turn up the evidence. It's clear now Suhyeong-sshi "I said as I stand up and pulled her hand in a rush.

"No, It's not him! You need to believe me! I can tell you it's not him! The murderer is-" she shouted but I shook my head because I know she still won't believe me.

I dragged her to a nearby police station and approached the counter telling that I want to reveal something about Suhyeong's disappearance.

I let her hand go so people won't see her as she cried but I still show the things I found at a policeman after he appeared.

"We'll arrest him for further information and question him. Thank you for your cooperation Mr. Kang "The policeman thanked and took the evidence except for the book I was holding as he rushed to call the others.

"I hate you "she muttered at me when I approached her but instead of being happy that her case was solved, she glared at me and ran out again leaving me calling her name.

Few days later...

"-Kim Suhyeong, the member of the K-pop rookie girl group Galaxy, that was missing was found murdered and the police are currently trying to search for her body "the news anchor announced but I turned off the TV and buried my face in my hands.

I was lucky though that instead of running away from my house or what, she just locked herself up in her room and every night, I could hear her sobs and no matter how much I tried to convince her that everything would be okay, she would just ignore me.

I looked out at the window in the living room and sighed since its already night and I've been at home for days instead of enjoying the holidays. I'm just too worry to go out. What if she dissapeared? What if something bad happened to her?

Suddenly, an idea popped out of nowhere as I went out from the house and saw the big tree that might help me be a ladder so I could get access to the balcony of the room she was.

I bit my lip and slowly tried to climb up and when I already reached a branch, I jumped and luckily, landed on the balcony floor safe and sound.

She must be still awake even at this hour because her table lamp shone brightly at the curtains of the balcony sliding door.

I pushed it opened since it was unlocked and closed it back to find her sitting on the bed with her back facing me.

She turned around and stared at me feeling scared as she tried to run but I was fast to grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"What are you doing here! Don't disturb me you...y-you monster!" she yelled, getting more aggressive when she was trying to yank her hand from my grasp but I hugged her tightly then slowly her body relaxed and weak.

Unexpectedly, her cries once again filled the room's quiet atmosphere as my hands that was around her body relaxed a bit.

"It's not him.. It's not him... Just why don't you hear me first at least "She sobbed and pushed me a bit, punching my chest weakly whike crying but I just smiled at her a bit.

"Punch me all you want because now I felt bad for not listening to you... Tell me now, I'll hear you so I can fix all of this back "

"But you can't fix this mess up.Beomgyu must be upset and got cold sleeping at jail when he's not the murderer! " she stuttered a bit but I held her chin and caressed it with my thumb.

"I'll try to fix it no matter what... Tell me what is it "I assured her as she looked up at me slowly.

"The clues were messed up... The knife...thats the same knife Beomgyu used to cut the fruits with me before you found it at the rooftop. The hammer... It has his fingerprint because he's the last person who had his fingerprint at there because he was helping a staff to set up a cabinet before I died. But that doesn't mean he's the last user. The murder really was inspired by the book and I read the whole book last time and that's why... Thats why I regained my memories back... But the person was still not clear. You just don't want to listen to what I'm going to say. The killer used gloves to hold the weapons.. Just like how we use to hold the weapons so we won't mess up with the last user's fingerprint . The hammer is the real weapon, the knife was just a trick "

To be continued...