20

- T A E H Y U N -

My eyes searched for Suhyeong because she was sitting at the bleachers just now and I caught her staring at us from Jaeshin's back and probably she saw what I did to Jaeshin. But she was nowhere to be found and I also heard her throwing a bottle on the ground and went away but what concerned me is Beomgyu was following her from behind. I wanted to chase after them because I have this tingling feeling that something unpleasant would happen but the coach stopped me and picked me to participate at the 4×100 run which was passing a metal baton to the person next after running and I was picked.

How unlucky I am.

I hope she'll not misunderstand but I don't want to hurt her feelings somehow. But she doesn't like me and there's nothing between us but why do I still care with her feelings?

"You can get ready first, there would be 3 groups and 3 batons. You can who's who for your team. The rest can just cheer at the bleachers and cheer for your friends. Can I need someone  to volunteer to take the batons in the sports storage at there please?" the coach informed and we all said a yes and the students that he called including me were getting ready.

Jaeshin raised her arm and the coach pointed at the direction of the sports storage where they store sport supplies and she ran there in full speed.

Gyongmin, the one we picked as our team captain set my position as the first runner to run as we position ourselves.

Jaeshin placed all three batons beside our right shoes for the first runner as I was the last one she placed it down before she raised her head and winked at me.

She jogged her way to the bleachers and sat somewhere smiling then there's this one unwanted guy jogged towards the coach by making his way behind the first runners and oddly, crouched down when he was beside me. Probably fixing his shoes. But soon after he left and talked to the coach something that might be important because he looked serious, one of my classmates named Ju Chun patted my arm and asked me to be the second runner because he suddenly became uncomfortable at his position so I just nodded and let him take my position.

He was acting weird suddenly because he smiled bitterly at me then pushed me to the front as I gave him a questioning look.

Time was running out so I didn't waste my time and just positioned myself.

After a few minutes of warming up a bit, the coach did a countdown and when he blew the whistle, loud cheers blasted from the students at the bleachers. I looked at my back when the other first runners already passed their batons at the second runner because Ju Chun haven't showed up.

Instead of a running boy, he was on the ground holding his hand screaming in pain as the coach blew the whistle, signaling the students to stop the game when something happened.

"CALL THE AMBULANCE AND THE MEDIC!" he shouted as I could see Ju Chun's face getting red and his hand....was really red and bleeding because it looked like it burned? The baton was thrown far at the field as many of his close friends helped him to go to the medic and a student just now rushed to the school's medic and called the ambulance.

But how?

A teacher saw the chaos as he ran to the crowd that was gathering including me and checked his burning hand.