7

"Are you okay Hyun?" she asked then my vision came back to reality as she looked down at my name tag of my school uniform.

"Eo, your name is Kang Taehyun! Wah finally. What a cute name "she smiled showing her teeth but we just stayed at that position.

I realized that soon and let her go and just nodded at her without looking at her direction.

"Yah Kang Taehyun, look at me "she teased.

"Taehyun-ah "she cooed and skipped her way to me.

I just looked away from her as I could feel my cheeks getting hot.

Suddenly, her finger traced my jawline sending shivers down my spine at her sudden touch. But this time, her touch was warm and I felt comfortable with it.

Her finger then traced my nose as I slowly turned my head at her.

"Jinjja I can't deny the fact that I really like your side profile "she said in a soft voice.

I turned my head at her and she poked my cheek before she skipped her way away from me.

"come on! Let's continue "she said before she was gone from my sight. I smiled unknowingly and picked up the fallen books when suddenly, a small paper fell out from a book.

I inspected the note back and the front and only found the ones at the front was written.

Never go to the rooftop, don't go to your school at night, don't-

The last words were not full but at the edge corner of the paper, were small spots of dried blood.

Is this related to her sister's murder?

I asked myself inside as I turned the book around where the title was displayed.

Midnight stairs...

What an interesting book. But I guess it was more to a thriller than a horror... I think.

I hid the book and the note behind me and lean my side at a bookshelf as Suhyeong went to me.

"So did you found any clue? I can't unfortunately, I guess my instincts are wrong hmm... I'll go out for awhile at my locker maybe. But I think I'll have trouble finding it because my memories are still fuzzy so I'll be back long than you expected. You can go to class if you want" she chirped and I nodded as she left again.

I took out the book and note, looking at both of it as I placed the note randomly between two pages and closed it.

I guess I could take that as a clue. I'll just borrow it from the library. Who knows it could lead me to somewhere.

-

I walked down the hallways from the library and found Suhyeong struggling in the crowd as many people kept on bumping her. Where are her friends? Do they remember her?

I sped up to her and stopped not far from where she was standing as the swarm of students kept on bumping us but I remained still while she was standing unstable.

Her friends walked passed me while talking that lit up her face seeing them.

"Suji! Seunghwa!" she shouted, starting to get excited.

"Hey Ahjung... Yemi..."her voice trailed off when they walked passed her that made me confused.

She looked down to her feet and buried her face in her palms crying as I approached her and hugged her as soon as the crowd of students left to class after the school bell rang.

"I'll be with you... Don't worry" I said then she hugged me, still crying and buried her face on my chest.

"Yah...don't cry... There's maybe a reason they ignored you "I shushed trying to comfort her but she shook her head.

She broke the hug and looked down again.

"You don't understand... Please, I need some space "She whispered in a low voice. I nodded and left her to give her some space silently.

There's something she's hiding and that something is a big thing that she won't tell me.

I'll just discover it by myself. Her friend's acts... Was odd as like she doesn't exist there. As like she's invisible but more invisible than me at Australia. As like she's a ghost.

I was totally lost in thoughts that I didn't noticed that I just bumped into someone's shoulder.

I glanced at the person and he shot me a death glare and a long cold stare. He pushed my left shoulder hard, making me walked backwards a bit and patted it.

"Watch it new boy "he warned me but I have no feeling of scared at him, even a germ because he didn't look like one of the bullies here or so I thought. He had his hair dyed chestnut brown that can mistaken people him like a walnut or something but yeah.. He didn't look like a rebel here.

He left glaring at me, purposely bumping harshly on my shoulder as I turned my body around to see him walking about to pass Suhyeong who stared at him with a pale face. Her lips were quivering for some reason and when he and Suhyeong was standing at the same line but facing different ways, he stopped his tracks right there.

"Beomgyu-ah!" a girl ran to him and stand in front of him that made him smile.

"ah you're here, let's go "he said in a cheerful voice that made me surprised at his change of behavior.

He then took her hand they walked together then he changed his hand position and placed his arm around her shoulders, walking away slowly while talking to her.

"You Jerk!" she shouted but the guy named Beomgyu didn't turned around to look at her but I can see him startled a bit at a distance.

I bit my lip and started to wonder if they have any connections with each other. Maybe a relationship because she looked really dissapointed from her looks.

I didn't dare to move another muscle because I was frozen at my position as I didn't have the heart to leave her alone breaking down into pieces, crying to herself. All I could do is watch but one day, I will not listen to her if she wanted me to go away because now I know she's really in sorrow already and I'll be a friend to comfort her.

*diiit diiit *

To be continued...