27

-S U H Y E O N G-

I laid my back on the bed in the nurse office while blinking continuously looking up at the white dull looking ceiling.

"Are you sure you're fine now Suhyeong-sshi?" Taehyun asked but I didn't care to turn my head to see him but instead just nodded.

"I'm just confused... We found two weapons at there... But in my memories, the person pushed me then hit me with something but I'm not sure if he or she tortured me again after I was already dead but for sure that....Haejung was there and saw me dying but can't help as she is already a ghost. She told me that if Taehyun can solve the murder with me...we'll also solve her mystery case before she left the world "my voice trailed off when I remembered Haejung's sad face before she dissapeared for good infront of my eyes.

"that murderer is slowly getting away... And I need to catch that horrible person "I clenched the bed sheets in my fist but suddenly, something hit me that made me sit up straight.

"Ah Hyun! I already have Beomgyu's fingerprint but that glass is in my room at the table lamp. You can take it for the fingerprint scan and take the knife to check it too "I stated before I could forget what I was going to give him later and he nodded.

"But I've been thinking this for awhile..... I've been searching last time at the library if I found something like last time, the note in the book. You remember right? Because when we were not talking with each other I was trying to find something else at there but I was empty handed. Wait..." he gave me a hand signal then rushed out of the room, closing the door then came back after a few minutes with his school bag.

He took out the book and sat beside me on the edge of the bed when I positioned myself properly at there so I would be comfortable.

He turned the book around where the synopsis is and read it aloud.

"It's a story about a girl who was killed at a staircase of her school at midnight and her wandering soul came back to get her revenge on the murderer slowly and quietly. The police was trying to search for her sudden missing after many begging from her family. But the girl lost her memories so she need to remember her memories in order to find her murderer and let the public know that the person murdered her so the person won't find any new victims.

Can she reveal the murderer's identity at the end before her time is up?" we went silent after he read the synopsis as he finally broke the awkwardness by flipping through the pages to the end of the book.

Chapters passed by as I could see his eyes scanning at each and every sentence of the thriller story and sometimes flipped to further pages when he stopped flipping.

I was puzzled at what made him froze without uttering a word as I leaned forward to read what he was pointing.

"-The case for the missing high school girl was solved after months of searching but unfortunately, she was found dead. The murder case would be handed to the court and should be executed for the crimes-"

I skipped reading the news dialogue and suddenly I noticed what his point was.

"Jason Swiftville was found guilty for murdering the girl as she-"

My shoulders slumped to my side when the murderer in that thriller story is a boy but that didn't have to do with my case.

"I-I'll be back after this, I need to go somewhere " he stuttered then placed the book on my lap and rushed out once again leaving me as my gaze turned to the book again.

I think all I can do is read how the story goes.

- T A E H Y U N -

"I'm sorry for disturbing you Mrs Hwang but can you check the records that borrowed the book 'Midnight Stairs'?" I asked as the lady infront of the counter in the library nodded her head and checked the records at her monitor in the recording system.

"well... There are many people but here are some who borrowed... One of it is you, then the previous one is Song Jaeshin... Then Choi Beomgyu. Before him is... Kim Suhyeong and before her is Kwon Miyeon " she told me and I thanked her politely for helping me before bowing at her a bit and exit the school's library.

"oh shit, why didn't I looked into that book before "I cursed under my breath when I realized that I never thought about going through the book and just make myself busy with the other clues instead of the book.

The little spark inside me kept telling me that the book would be a big help to guide to the murder as the story was identical with Suhyeong's and it's possible that, the ones who read the book was the one who killed her.

The person used the same story to commit that perfect crime without people noticing it. What a smart person but the person use their intelligence on something useless.

- S U H Y E O N G -

"why are you holding my hand now? it's not necessary though" I asked him who kept on holding my hand on our way to his house.

"I want to introduce a beautiful girl to my mother and I need her to see you "he smiled while talking with a really calm voice as we entered his front garden and stopped at the front door.

"But you don't need to Hyun... Because you'll have to hold my hand in order for your mother to see me and besides... Your mother would misunderstand us with something else "I denied his idea even though I wanted to but he shook his head.

"Don't you realize that I don't need to hold your hand in order for people to see you? Like just now when you performed, I wasn't holding your hand and I know you were raging inside because thinking about me is already enough for you to be alive. Jinjja this girl is so naive and need to know this world more. And that's why this is our first step for you to feel like your alive and I'm going to show you a whole new world and I want you to feel like a normal girl back, I promise you "

To be continued..